Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead zircom network card

• 08-05-2002 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

The Zircom network card in my lappy seems to have died..

Win2K see's it and tells me I have unplugged it when I unplug it. 2k says its fine in device manager.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it reinstalls fine.

But the card itself shows no LED's at all, and seems dead to the world?

Anyone get this with these cards or is it fecked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Is it one of those ones that needs a dongle?

The dongle constantly breaks on them, and needs replacing.

Have a look at the dongle and see if the plastic has cracked.
    Its not very likely to be the pcmcia card itself.

If it is a realport, then try it in a different lappie and see what happens.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

its a realport..

I'll give it a shot in a different lappie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

usually if a network card is not getting lights its because its not getting a signal through! So assuming you have tried it on known working connection points its very likely the card itself is at fault.. may not be dead but the connectors shagged... being a realport its more sturdy than a dongle i suppose but its cheaper to replace a dongle than a whole card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 megavolt

I had a lot of problems with these Xircom cards. Make sure you have the right drivers - the driver installation program is a bit vague about which driver to use as it covers a lot of different cards.

Also make sure the connectors in the card aren't bent or the patch cord/LAN cable is of good quality, sometimes the plugs on the LAN cables might be a bit loose.

Hope this helps.

:)

Advertisement