Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This place is Desolate!

• 08-05-2002 2:55pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

De_Desolate:

Currently smacking a map together out of a collection of old prefabs I made earlier, and it turned out to be a map i called de_chapel, until I realised the chapel was rather naff, so I renamed it DE_DESOLATE, and comprised the map with nothing but a barren village, half destroyed and in flames.

It's crap, texturings crap, layouts crap, r_speeds are crap, lots of crap crap, but the ambience rules so download it when I post a link...

Until then, pics will do...

Blah blah map = crap etc

http://www.boards.ie/members/ropedrink/desolatepics.zip

Now, I renamed the file from an .ace to a .zip, so if you find it not working, rename it back to desolatepics.ace and test it - You might need Winace unfortunately.

Map should be released before the LAN, so wish me godspeed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Lookin' good Rope. The lighting is l33t, nice and orangey. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

downloading pics now...i will post my thoughts later.. :)

godspeed :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Thank you Raven, I shall be working hard on the map all week/week end in the attempt to make it into something half decent... And yes, the orangey lighting is brilliant in the actual map itself - It's the only thing Im proud of about the map (With the exception of the gorgeous sounds in it :D)

other than that, the map is ****, but of course a little hard work and a bit of a party pill I'll have enough fuzzy idea's and notions to make that pile of colourful garbage into something we might WANT to play...

Godspeed, yes, I'll be mapping about as fast as a cheetah with the squits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Godspeed, yes, I'll be mapping about as fast as a cheetah with the squits!

nice one :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Don't bother with the PIC zip, the map has been scrapped, recycled and pieced back together in the form of... De_Desolate...
    A new one, mind - A rather wide open wild west type of mix between Italy and Torn... I've posted pics and information on a flash website I plan to upload onto my Boards account as soon as possible, so keep your eyes open...

• Advertisement
Advertisement