Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ten

Options
  • 08-05-2002 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

ok if this has come up before, just point me in its direction,
    i just bought pearl jam's ten last week and have been listening to it more or less not stop since. buti listened to nevermind, just to try compare to two, and tho i like nevermind i think ten is better, but just looking at polls and charts of 90's records, nevermind always does better. anyone else think the same?

oh and anyone know if jeff buckley liked ten because some of it sounds quite like jeff buckley and maybe he was influenced by it, like oceans perhaps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Ten is indeed a brilliant album. Better than nevermind i think. Jeff Buckley, if i'm not mistaken, done a few live sets with Pearl Jam.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ten is most defo an excellent album, bought it when it came out first and played it for months, did you see Pearl Jam when they did the Point? what a gig that was, I came out on a high! (a natural one!) sigh... happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

"Just Bought"

Oh my dear child, your life has been empty fot the last "Ten" years- ironically enough!
    --

Beruthiel,
    I was at the gig in 2000- It was categorically the best gig I've ever been to-

Pearl Jam are genii :D
    NUFF Said.

Oh Btw, if you're interested the "Touring Band" Dvd is excellent as well- worth buying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Great album , only started listening to it a few months back I have most of their albums now I think. Black off Ten is my favourite song I think. Its just a great tune. I don't think you can compare it to Nevermind though. While Pearl Jam were called grunge they were just a good solid rock band from Seattle that were popular when grunge was.

Them and Nirvana are in two seperate genres in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by mise
    oh and anyone know if jeff buckley liked ten because some of it sounds quite like jeff buckley and maybe he was influenced by it, like oceans perhaps

apparently he didnt really listen to pearl jam... led zeppelin, yes. (just finished a decent biography the other day :) )

either way tens a bloody great album, and imho every other pearl jam album after it is a dissappointment (with the possible exception of Vs. which is pretty good)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Ten is indeed great but to behonest Yield is by far my favourite Pearl Jam album and actaully one of my favourite albums ever

<offTopic>
    Originally posted by Kali

apparently he didnt really listen to pearl jam... led zeppelin, yes. (just finished a decent biography the other day :) )

I seriously doubt he ever did anything with pearl jam, I've certainly never heard of it. Which biography did u read is it the DreamBrother one? that was excellent, but i'd read another if there is one!
    </offTopic>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by alb
    <offTopic>
    I seriously doubt he ever did anything with pearl jam, I've certainly never heard of it. Which biography did u read is it the DreamBrother one? that was excellent, but i'd read another if there is one!
    </offTopic>

nah it was the dream brother one alright, very good read, although i was more interested in tim than jeff by the end of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I have ten on tape and was gonna buy it yesterday on CD (coincedence eh). 22 euro though, bit steep, so I got appetite for destruction on cd (only had tape version).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

Oh man what an album:cool:

I can honestly say, that I have never tired of it

It's just such a fantastic album, my favourite of all time

every other pearl jam album after it is a dissappointment

I'd have to agree, PJ have never matched it imho - that's not to say the other albums are crap though, quite the opposite

And yeah, it's a pisser that Nevermind gets more recognition

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i love 10, its good that people still listen to pearl jam, it seems to me they get the piss taken out of them alot these days, its not 'cool' to like them:( i cant decide whether binaural or yield comes 2nd!

• Advertisement
Advertisement