Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java SSL

Options
  • 08-05-2002 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hiyas. I'm writing a server + client thing, and I want to use secure sockets, rather than plain sockets. I've been reading up on JSSE etc, but all the examples and documentation I've hit has instructed me to generate my keystore using the keytool application that comes with java. I'd rather my application could look after keystore generation and management, but I can't really see much on the way of doing this. I'm stuck for time (as per usual) and my only friend so far seems to be the API, but it's taking a while to get through. The closest I've come to a solution is something like this

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-p2pssl/

which is a little ugly tbh.. I'd prefer to have code doing this, rather than a call to an external application. If it's possible using the core jdk1.4 classes on their own, that'd be a bonus... anybody done this, know of good documentation anywhere?

Thanks.

Advertisement