Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending the broadband rip-off (US)

Options
  • 08-05-2002 4:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

C|NET News.com
    Despite encouraging signs of economic recovery, the telecommunications and high-tech sectors cannot seem to pull out of the downward spiral that cost Americans more than 300,000 jobs last year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I am currently in the US right now and from talking to some co-workers the problems exist for them on a state-by-state basis.

A state's policy on broadband can differ from its neighbour including tax breaks, etc for companies who would like to setup broadline in regions to attract industry.

I am sitting next to a guy on a training course who lives in southern California and he recently moved.

He used to live on the edge of a small desert where he had an IR link to a base station on Snowy mountain which cost him $19.99 and provided bi-directional 10mb to the Net...lovely.

He now lives in a suburb and is on a bi-directional 2mb Cable which he finds SLOW! Heh!

Another guy from North Carolina wishes he had the same offering as the guy in California so broadband offering is pretty uneven in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

He now lives in a suburb and is on a bi-directional 2mb Cable which he finds SLOW!

/faints , cracks head off table !! Wakes up and blames american !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

He now lives in a suburb and is on a bi-directional 2mb Cable which he finds SLOW!

reminds me of when I had snl...always wanting more.
    only when he loses it,he'll realise what he had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Ba$tard...tell your friend that he is one!!! LOL LOL

10mb...in a childlike state i ask....'gee whats that like....'

now someone here explain to me...'do i have to leave the house...they could deliver PIZZA down that line its soo big!!!'

Advertisement