Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!DARTH VADER SOUND CARD!

• 14-06-2001 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    i have a ickle problem with my soundcard.
    When it plays movies or cut scenes in games the sound(usually just the voices) becomes very slow and darth vader like.
    I formated my hard-drive yesterday and reinstalled everything (due to other reasons) and it was working fine. Then installed Total Annilation and it was gone crappy again. I don't think TA was the cause tho, as there were times when it was working that it worked along side that as well.

Any ideas, i'm really lost. I don't have any cd's for the drivers that can be installed for the card just cabs? i have downloaded. and windows doesn't think anything is wrong with it so i don't think they get reinstalled.
    I dunno...
    Any help appreciated cos its a right ****er!

Cheers,
    Gideon.

[This message has been edited by Gideon2000 (edited 14-06-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What sound card do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

its more of a chip embedded in the motherboard. but eh, its Yahama Leagacy something or other. Sound blaster of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Your sound card has moved over to the dark side... use the force Gideon... uuuuuuuse the foooooooorce...

(Sorry - couldn't resist)

Bard
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

"I sense something, something I've not felt since..."

What make is the motherboard? What memory you got in there? U got the latest drivers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I couldn't tell you the make of the mother board, it was all part of a 300mhz packardbell piece of crap soooooooooooooo... i dunno, its about 2year old now. 48mb ram. Got latest drivers they didn't make any difference. I can still listen to allmy mp3s and the like its just movie clips and some cut scenes usually the ones with real voices.
    frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭AI_inferno

Not much help realyl but it sounds like your machine may be being tasked too much by the fullscreen video and sound at the same time - I had a built in sound card on a motherboard and it always overflowed causing games to crash and hang my system - you're better off disabling it and getting a cheapy sound blaster for £20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

What version of DirectX?
    I had a problem a while ago where the sound was out of synch with the video I played around with sound hardware exceleration in the DirectX control panel and this sorted it out.

Advertisement