Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cut @ Roachestown Exchange

Options
  • 08-05-2002 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

This afternoon, there was a power cut my area (Cabinteely). (2 - 3.30 apparently).

My radio Tuner, has held its presets for the past 10 years. It's been through power cuts, been plugged in & out.... Lost them all bar one (the station it was on) today.

Got disconnected from the internet after about 30 seconds on first try when I got home (around 6.15). Apparently phone lines had been down also earlier.
    Second try and I have been connected since.

Apparently though some houses about a mile away still don't have phones (8.30), also connected to the Roachestown Avenue exchange.

Anyone know what happened? Another JCB cut the lines?

Last year in Sandycove, businesses and houses had no phones for more than a week (was it two?) after a JCB damaged a Fibre cable up the road...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

yeah we lost our phone (Killiney) but my adsl went on no probs.

not sure what was wrong tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Oh... they've upgraded the exchange to ADSL?
    Thats great... last time I checked it was no go...

Now all I have to do is wait for a decent price from Esat... no way am I paying Eircom the kind of prices they are looking for after me forking out so much for ISDN only last year.

Advertisement