Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TRIPLE3THREAT had to leave us.

• 08-05-2002 9:17pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was afraid he might infect us with moron.

I was tempted to ban all of AOL but thats a bit of an over reaction :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

who was he and what did he do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Well done. He was annoying from his first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

He was teh guy who wanted a man's bare cheast as his avatar. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

... and could type at 30 posts a day (or 250 words a day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

hehehe. man chest. hehehehe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Oh darn. Boards' loss, I guess.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Boo. He was fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Boston: He deliberately posted spoilers to a number of films and abused people who complained about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

OH NO!!!! who will sing the praises of JCVD now? Im with nekkidbible man on this one, this surely is a sad day for the boards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yipee. He was annoying. Troll. Still, it was entertaining in a weird sick way.

Apparantly I'm a homophobic too cos I said something about the image in his sig. Even though I'm a woman. Funny that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

as though the name wasn't enough of a reaason to band him.
    "Numbers are not substitutes for letters. They're Numbers ffs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by koneko
    Apparantly I'm a homophobic too cos I said something about the image in his sig. Even though I'm a woman. Funny that.

is it not possible for women to be homophobic ;)

Baz_

Hehe. Err, I suppose Baz. I mean though that I'm not afraid of seeing a pic of a naked man. Just this isn't the right place or the right time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Awwwwwww no more "I Love JCVD" - won't somebody else take his please. I wanted to fire more insults out ;)

Oh I love JVCD. He's such a good actor. You can tell by his muscles. Muscles means acting ability. Don't you think BuffyBoy? Don't you love JVCD too?

I'll shut up now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

God, all that sarcasm put into one post!!!!!

Nearly overloaded me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, in hollywood you learn quickly that tits=>talent, though the specific inferences of 'talent' is debatable,
    This goes for the guys too.
    You ever seen some of the male models on those fitness ads on TV3 late at night? Big saggy nipples on most of them. Hardly trying their damndest to sell the product......

[/rant]

Originally posted by SyxPak
    You ever seen some of the male models on those fitness ads on TV3 late at night? Big saggy nipples on most of them. Hardly trying their damndest to sell the product......

chuck norris, with his 17 years experience using the total gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

TRIPLE3THREAT
    Banned

i dont even I during my spamfest last xmas reached the giddy heights of 9.6 posts per day !

Gone Shootin, this guy is clearly the winner...

OLDYELLAR
    Crazy Poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

I think oldyellar is a girl actually

11 posts per day

he/she must be very proud :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by SyxPak
    as though the name wasn't enough of a reaason to band him.
    "Numbers are not substitutes for letters. They're Numbers ffs"

But its okay to spell badly, as long as you use letters, yes, Mr. Six Pack?

:)

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

well lads , yeah i is a lass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by DeVore
    I was afraid he might infect us with moron.

LOL excellent!

He was fun in an annoying "God I have found a new level of stoopid!!" kinda way but the funniest thing was knowing he would be kicked eventually. It's good he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ha ha brillant comin from smak,

OLDYELLAR
    Crazy Poster

when you is the king of spam. take a bow. i mean i have been regestered and postin a few months before ya and yet your post count is (whips out abacus) nearly 5times mine.

anyhew ya shouldn't just look at post count per day, look at what they post. in fairness to oldyellar they arn't all spamy crap.

bomb idol too has a high post count but its 'mostly' relative, and some pro wrestling ;)

anyhew, put away the old battons ppl and relax ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He shot his posting load in one day and got upto 31 posts per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

no control like yourself then *cough* 50 posts a day starting off *cough*

Gidgeon, can u imagine the SPAM that would have been inflicted on us had the 9 odd posts per day had continued ?

fair nuff SMAK has a large post count, but his count would have been miniscule compared to TRIPLESPAM [or watever] if left to continue along his spammy way.

as for OLDYELLAR, ive yet to see any muppetism from her posts, which was where TRIPLESPAM failed....

oh and i use the keyboard, not a baton :)

i stand corrected on OLD YELLARS gender :) ...... a/s/l ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

gone shootin , i am a girl ! i like that thing about using a keyboard as a weapon .interesting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

As gone shootin pointed out OLDYELLAR isn't spamming or abusing ppl, triple3threat deserved to get banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by smak

OLDYELLAR
    Crazy Poster

Nope, on his Second day, TrippleThreat had reached over 20 posts per day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by smak

OLDYELLAR
    Crazy Poster

Something I'm interested in coding for the programming project is a post-limiter, that will stop people posting until their average PPD drops back down below 4 (well, maybe we could make it 5). That would seriously put a dent into a lot of the pure spam posted :)

Couple of nice optional features:

- make it user-configurable auto-ignore those posters.

- no limit for the mod of a board, but only on their particular board jurisdiction, so they can spam themselves but noone else :)

- take into account someones join date - if it's below a certain level (e.g. 2 months or so, like this girl) then they may not be as bad as someone who has maintained a 4PPD+ avg for 2 years. We could just make them click through an extra spam-annoyance page.

Some other features would be nice.

Spammers beware! :)

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Trojan, I'm right behind you.

i think we'll do something like a sliding scale (2ppd in your first month, then 3 in your second, then 4ppd from there)

It will let you post 8,10,12 posts in a day but only if your post count isnt close to 4ppd on average anyway.

Also, something like sponsors getting an extra ppd or something might be a nice little incentive to support the site.
    We can discuss it further but these are the sorts of programming things that cloud, regi and I just wouldnt get round to, which will add to the site for everyone.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Trojan, I'm right behind you.

Hey cmon, I'm only trying to help, no need to threaten me!

i think we'll do something like a sliding scale (2ppd in your first month, then 3 in your second, then 4ppd from there)

Hmm, agreed on the sliding scale idea, but I think it should be the other way round :) New users will want to post more at the start more than likely, and over time your PPD should really be dropping down to a reasonable level.

Yeah, it might make it easier for someone to spam at the start, but we could have a spam-lock on each user account that allows the PPD limit to be dropped down to very quiet levels so muppetry can be fairly painlessly dealt with quite rapidly.
    It will let you post 8,10,12 posts in a day but only if your post count isnt close to 4ppd on average anyway.

Also, something like sponsors getting an extra ppd or something might be a nice little incentive to support the site.

We can discuss it further but these are the sorts of programming things that cloud, regi and I just wouldnt get round to, which will add to the site for everyone.

DeV.

Sounds cool.

Al.

Advertisement