Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to give my mulah to dell...

• 15-06-2001 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

Lo all,
    I want to make a donation to the "Make Mr. Dell fatter" fund and was wondering if he would be so kind as to take a cheque or bankdraft. Has anyone bought from them without using credit/debit card?
    Sent mail to their sales dept. but got no reply. Most helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

www.scan.co.uk/today.htm

bet you'll get it at half the price there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Dell accept cheque and bank draft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Actually, although I'm not a huge fan of Dell, you have to admit the man talks a lot of sense:

http://www.techreview.com/magazine/jul01/qaall.asp

Anyway, don't email Dell, ever, it's a waste of time. Either call them and place your order with a sales person; or place your order online and check the box that gets a Dell sales person to call you about it. Then you send them a cheque and when the cheque has cleared they'll build it and ship it.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

By Dell

suffer later smile.gif

Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

Did some temp work for Dell, they rock!!!!

Always buy Dell. If I was going to buy a pre-built PC (whick I will never do) I would go Dell everytime.

Snowball.

Buses are sociable vehicals, thats why they come in twoes and threes :D

• Advertisement

Hahaha i did temp work for dell at castletroy and they sucked donkey dicky.I used to dread getting a fooked up wage packet as i could never get on to the departments to get it put right.All those customers that have problems getting in touch with dell take heart often the there workers are no better off

Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stonemason:
    Hahaha i did temp work for dell at castletroy and they sucked donkey dicky.I used to dread getting a fooked up wage packet as i could never get on to the departments to get it put right.All those customers that have problems getting in touch with dell take heart often the there workers are no better off

Stone
    </font>

when did u work there stone? i was there this time last year....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

BTW, forgot to mensh - I've got a Dell beside me here, a Dimension XPS D300. About 3/4 years old I guess? Never had a hardware problem, ever. Course, that means I never had to contact support... smile.gif

Got a Gateway too, that I got second-hand a few months ago. Eh, a SELECT 1000 or summat like that. Nice box, although I did have one problem with the power supply. Luckily I know one of the lads in tech support so he fired a new one down to me nextday.

Still though, if I was buying again, I'd custom build a full tower. If I had the money, I'd build a Beowulf.

adam

yanklink

I was there from march until july last year smile.gif.I turned down a full time in raheen(spelling?)coz i live out nenagh way and they said if i can stick it for 3 months i was going to get full time in castle troy np.After four months of promises of being shifted to re-man and given full time i was still stuck in receiving (as a temp) in a last bid for a challenge i tried de-bug i lasted one day in that job smile.gif.So i bypasted the internet lock out for the lads and left.

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement