Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eircom propoganda machine

Options
  • 09-05-2002 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Did anyone see the supplement that came with last Sundays Independent? It was an internet supplement aimed at beginners to the internet in this country, and it had Eircom ads plastered all over it. This is one example of the massive amount of Eircom propoganda that is flooding our papers and televisions. For every person we tell about Irelands dire need for decent internet access, Im pretty sure Eircom are convincing ten times that amount of people that theyre the best thing since sliced bread.

Eircom have been spreading around these sugar-coated lies to the public, and I would like to seeif there is something we can do to stop this. They are harping on about the fact that they have ADSL launched, when its only available in some parts of Dublin, and it wont be available to everyone in the country for the next two years at least.

Is there any way we can counter-act to this? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Stumbled accross that today in the kitchen :| Whole pull-out devoted to brainwashing the "uneducated".

Annoying...

Inside cover mentioned something about high-speed being only 50 something cent a day, must be be good that. Best give jolly ould Eircom a call....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Is it just me or was all the crap in that pull-out availible like 5 years ago ??

thats progress for ya :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

there's not much you can do about their advertising campaign. THeir one of irelands biggest, if not THE biggest company in ireland. Next time your driving around town, count the amount of eircom vans you see compaired to esat vans... hmm, dont think i've ever seen an esat van now that I think about it, and their the second biggest telco :(

well if i was new to the internet, I'd definaly go straight to eircom

Advertisement