Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about a possible meeting with Philip Nolan?

Options
  • 09-05-2002 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Having just read an article on ENN which Moriarty directed me to on the "UTV Broadband" post, one paragraph in particular stood out for me:

Industry watchers have commented that Eircom's new-found willingness to cooperate with the ODTR and other operators is the result of new management, namely Philip Nolan, who took over after the Valentia consortium bought the company from shareholders. It is thought that the prevailing attitude at Eircom is one that sees other telecoms as potential customers, not just competitors.

Now, as far as I know, Ireland Offline have not met with the management of eircom since the Valentia group took over at the beginning of the year (though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). If it seems that Philip Nolan is starting to come around, so to speak, I think it would be a very good idea if Ireland Offline met with him personally to convince him completely that this is the way to go and clear up any niggling doubts he still may have about this. I also think that IOFFL should meet him and explain to him just how important it is to get flat-rate/FRIACO operating as quickly as possible.

It seems to me that he is more open to ideas and more willing to listen than Alfie Kane and the previous bunch of fatcat gob$hites were. I know getting a meeting with him could be difficult, because he is probably a very busy man, but we have all seen the incredible work David Long and the rest of the IOFFL committee have done in the past few weeks in getting meetings with the DPE, Esat and the like. I'm sure David could manage to get a meeting with Philip Nolan if he put that same massive effort into it. ;-)

I think it is very important that IOFFL do so and do it quickly because I think they would have a better chance of achieving something with Philip Nolan than anyone else.

So David and the IOFFL crew, what do you think? Think you could manage to squeeze in the door of Philip's office for a little discussion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Industry watchers have commented that Eircom's new-found willingness to cooperate with the ODTR and other operators is the result of new management, namely Philip Nolan...

Don't tell Eircom, he'll be sacked on the spot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

You guys are reading our minds! After a second meeting with Nevada yesterday this very point came up! I will attempt to get a meeting with the man himself finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Good work, David. I hope that you will be able to get that meeting and tell him that the whole flat-rate/FRIACO situation needs to be sorted out now. Not a year down the road, not in six months, not just before Christmas, but NOW!

Best of luck with that anyway. I'm sure if you get that meeting you'll do us all proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    Good work, David. I hope that you will be able to get that meeting and tell him that the whole flat-rate/FRIACO situation needs to be sorted out now.

dont forget Radsl .... a lot of ppl are too far away from the exchange for adsl

Advertisement