Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum request

• 09-05-2002 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'd like to request a community forum, with closed access to allow people discuss online cheating and how to bypass cheat protection. I'm looking to attract two distinct communities here within the forum firstly those who do want to use game enhancement so they can swap clean sites and provide advice on using cheats online. The second interested group is for those who have an interest in understanding how these cheats work.
    Naturally it would be a no warez zone or allow any game protection bypass hacks, just purely for cheats.

If the board could be called 'online cheats and hacks' and be invite only.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Might be best to call it 'Game cheats and hacks' or Multi-Player Game cheats and hacks'

as 'online cheats and hacks' is too broad a subject and might be thought to be an illegal hacking forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Booooooooooooo down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Err. Bad idea. Why can't it stay in the forum for the game? IE CS cheats (most common) go into the...shock horror... CS board. HL ones in the HL board. Anything else, in games, or whatever.

Is there any need for a seperate board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah !

ask for cheats on existing boards and you're shunded... I want cheats gad dammit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well, it is a (private)community board, so anything we say will have no bearing on the adminseses decision. 'Online Game cheats and hacks' would seem like a good name to remove any ambiguity. Anyway, no-one who's not invited will see it, so web censors won't find it. The only other name I could think of (but doesn't have such a good ring to it) is 'Unauthorized Game Editing'.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I like sarumans name 'Multi-Player Game cheats and hacks'

Maybe have it open, but to post u have to be enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

I heartly endorse this forum or service

I recon it would be best to have it invive only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Maybe have it open, but to post u have to be enabled.

That puts temptation in our path. If the cheats are there, we will look at them...:D :D

No, I think request/invite only. Not that it's my decision.....oh well...must go and do an exam now :(.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

For this type of thing you'd need a seperate forum alright. You could have generic cheating tactics that wouldn't really fit in any board so to speak...

Plus you'd be making it nice and easy for those who'd like to cheat in all the games they play, rather then having to go all over the place looking for cheats.

Just think of all the time saved by just having to browse one forum rather then 5..all that extra time could be spent on better ways to cheat and better ways to help others cheat.

just my 2 cent.

Ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

maybe a game scripting forum too

any one remember koopa's dm6 bind (was it koopa and was it dm6?) that would just play the game for him?
    j/k

is there really any point in this?
    where's the fun in playing if u are going to ha><0r it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    The second interested group is for those who have an interest in understanding how these cheats work.
    Naturally it would be a no warez zone or allow any game

Sounds like HIV are about to make a come back on the cs scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

you could have it one there DBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

trust me I'll not be returning to the CS world any time soon

Advertisement