Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reference page ?

• 15-06-2001 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a site that lists all cpu`s and gives what slot/socket each one uses i just need a quick reference guide rather than having to rumage through there respective makers reems and reems of techno garbage.

Cheers
    Stone biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

You could start here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Cheers BNC

But as of the way of things they dont list P2`s aagggg.I will come in handy though for future reference thx.Problem is that we do a fair few upgrades and some of the stuff people come to us with is very old and they want to know if they just upgrade the chip ect ect.Unfortunatly they usaly only no its a pentium 2 450 or what ever which leads me into having to run arround the net trying to find out what type of socket or slot it takes so i can determin what they need whether they need a board and chip or just a chip upgrade.This can be time consumeing.

Stone biggrin.gif
    Ps is there even a 450 P2? or did they switch to P3 arround that time ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

There was a PII450 there it ended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

quite simply the best reference out there for processors is http://www.sandpile.org

you may thank me by leaving brown envelopes full of chomp bars near the hilly brook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Hehehe im all out of chomp will curly wurlys do ?.Cheers Kali just what the doctor ordered smile.gif

Stone biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Stonemason (edited 16-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I mean where else can you find out that Klamath was the codename for the first PII? smile.gif

Advertisement