Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Ti 4200

• 09-05-2002 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a clue when the new TI 4200 cards are going to be generally available?

These 64mb cards are knocking the socks off almost every other type of 64 and 128mb variety, and coming in for somewhere between $150 and $200 retail.

I've read reviews all over the place which wax lyrical about the cards abilities, but I've yet to see any production cards on offer from any of the usual sites.

Any ideas?

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Its always the same they end up doing reviews but could be a few more weeks or month until it ends up on the shelves.

Have you checked the usual vendors creative, asus etc ???

I haven't researched GFX cards in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

It only went on sale in US very recently if what i read was right which means it will be about a month or so before its available in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ueah i read that there will be 2 ti 4200 cards a 64 meg one for about $170 and a 128 meg one for about $200 dollars but that Nvidia had only released the ship and that they were waiting for manufacturers to jump on the band waggon but that was about a month ago.
    BUt god only knows whats going to happen with the Gforce 5 chip comming out at the end of the summer. I think nVidia may be moving too fast. Lat the games catch up a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Well,

Based on what I've read (Reviews and such) this card is certainly worth waiting on, if you happen to be in the market for a new GFX card. I never had much time for the seriously performing / over priced cards to be honest, but this one breaks the mould. Mad performance at a reasonable prices.

c0y0te

Advertisement