Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salesman

• 09-05-2002 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

HI, TONITE I HAD A SALESMAN CALL TO MY DOOR ABOUT SKY DIGITAL I TOLD HIM, I HAD SKY SO WE GOT TALKING IN GENERAL AND HE TOLD ME AND REMEMBER HE HAD NO SELLING TO DO TO TRY GET ME TO SUBSCRIBE TO SKY BUT, TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT HE INFORMED ME THAT 'UTV' HAD AGREED TO COME ON SKY AT THE END OF THIS MONTH..............

Comments

Indeed.
    I didn't know sky had resorted to door to door sales??
    I would have thought that was the preserve of Companies that are doing badly and need a leg up??
    Anyone else know of Sky having door to door sales people??
    How come all tease threads are in capital letters??
    Methinks a mail to Orla at UTV is called for;)
    Where is Charlie Slane, these days when we need him most :)
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

I got Sky last October via a door to door saleswoman. (Wexford area). It's a very good way of getting people who are in two minds about Sky, as I was. It was installed within 10 days and I haven't looked back. It'd be great if UTV came, as it's the only channel I miss. (Used to be with Chorus).

Oz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Danielle
    I think we have heard all this before.:o
    I don't think switching on the caps lock makes it any more believable.:mad:
    Two months ago I got slated by someone for being
    similarly negative. Two months later I have been proved right.
    Danielle, Next time record the conversation on a
    pearlcorder and make it into wav file and post a link to it.
    Or get it in writing and make a JPG file of it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ihatemushrooms

Sky are out there alright, I was at a presentation they gave recently on Interactive TV and the future, blah blah. They did mention that they had set up offices in Dublin to manage a network of dealers promoting the products door to door. Most of their interactive stuff is going to be premium rate for messaging, polls etc. In the UK they also offer yahoo and Demon email on the platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

keep UTV away. give us HTV instead

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    keep UTV away. give us HTV instead

Much as I like UTV-I far prefer HTV-It's like home from home:)
    probably 'cause I grew up with it and never saw UTV till college.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by ihatemushrooms
    Sky are out there alright, I was at a presentation they gave recently on Interactive TV and the future, blah blah. They did mention that they had set up offices in Dublin to manage a network of dealers promoting the products door to door. Most of their interactive stuff is going to be premium rate for messaging, polls etc.

Where and when did this take place?

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by madman

Much as I like UTV-I far prefer HTV-It's like home from home:)
    probably 'cause I grew up with it and never saw UTV till college.
    mm

i only ever had HTV with the exception of the time i had Cork/Irish Multichannel which is now Chorus :eek: :eek: and they carried UTV with a terrible picture included for free. how nice of them

For Tony,

Presentation was to the IAB, it was held at the end of March. It started out as a presentation on advertising opportunities on Digital Tv but evolved into a heads up on Skys planned activity in Ireland for the coming year. There were a couple of speakers from Sky and then a couple from leading advertising agencies in Dublin. Very general stuff really

For Tony,

Presentation was to the IAB, it was held at the end of March. It started out as a presentation on advertising opportunities on Digital Tv but evolved into a heads up on Skys planned activity in Ireland for the coming year. There were a couple of speakers from Sky and then a couple from leading advertising agencies in Dublin. Very general stuff really

Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

That would have been an interesting event to attend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

indeed!
    i dont suppose there are any similar events planned for cork??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Was that the presentation where TodayFM's "Bertie" did the "coz i got sky!" song? Cool song! hehe

anyway door to door is a logical step.. i saw a sky digital stand in our local supermarket.. no freebies though... sigh..

Wasn`t the one with the song, unfortunately as its excellent:-) The name of the guy that was giving the presentation was Mark Deering, Sky are based in Baggot street if I remember correctly. maybe they could tell you about any proposed presentations. Hope this helps

Wasn`t the one with the song, unfortunately as its excellent:-) The name of the guy that was giving the presentation was Mark Deering, Sky are based in Baggot street if I remember correctly. maybe they could tell you about any proposed presentations. Hope this helps

Last office I was in was Hugenot House on Stephens Green and that was to take down their satellite dish as the owner was building a penthouse on the roof, so I asked them what were they going to use for demo purposes to which they replied "oh thats ok we have cable" The irony of it all

Regards Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Where is Charlie Slane, these days when we need him most :)
    mm

Well I was on holidays in Portugal for a week, where I was surprised that their local cable company had BBC1, 2, Prime, World, News24, Granada, Channels 4 and 5, Sky One, News, CNBC, CNN, UK Gold, Bravo, History, Discovery, Nat Geo, Cartoon Net, Boomerang, MTV, about thirty other European channels (including some very watchable late-night Dutch programming ;) ), but most interestingly(apart from the Dutch programming), RTE1 arrived on Tuesday !!!!

And I still managed to get a tan !!

These were all on analogue cable. What a service !!

So Sky Digital have taken to knocking on people's doors to get more business ?? Honestly, I go away for a week and the world turns upside down!!

They'd be far better off sorting out the digital Beebs, ITV, and Channel 4 (and Channel 5 for that matter, while we're at it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I'm just back from Mallorca myself where as expected 99% of the pubs had Sky Digital. Unfortunately the introduction of UK TV has heralded the introduction of UK weather. It was crap. Speaking of crap, channel 5, eh???

Originally posted by Charles Slane

Well I was on holidays in Portugal for a week, where I was surprised that their local cable company had BBC1, 2, Prime, World, News24, Granada, Channels 4 and 5, Sky One, News, CNBC, CNN, UK Gold, Bravo, History, Discovery, Nat Geo, Cartoon Net, Boomerang, MTV, about thirty other European channels (including some very watchable late-night Dutch programming ;) ), but most interestingly(apart from the Dutch programming), RTE1 arrived on Tuesday !!!!

And I still managed to get a tan !!

These were all on analogue cable. What a service !!

Thats all either highly illegal or we are all being taken for mugs!
    I suspect both to be the case...
    Shane and charlie away from the boards the same week on reconnaissance for ICDG:D :p:D
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Shane and charlie away from the boards the same week on reconnaissance for ICDG:D :p:D

Cheques in post, lads. :D

You must feel like Mary Wilson away from the Four Courts and following Bertie instead :D

Summat illegal in that fortuitious reception of those channels Charles ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    Summat illegal in that fortuitious reception of those channels Charles ! :)

Hugely so !! But I wasn't complaining. The reception was crystal clear on every channel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tombenjr

Has anyone else hear about UTV being
    available to ROI Sky Digital and or maybe
    received a e-mail from Orla or got some info
    from another Sky Salesman?
    Write Back

Advertisement