Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Torment

Options
  • 09-05-2002 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Over the last 6 months or less,Eircom have been tormenting me with offers to install ISDN.4 phone calls,including one today,and 3 brochures in the post.Even when I tell them I'm not interested in anything but flat rate,they still ring again after another month or so.Will they ever leave me alone?Am I alone with this bombardment?Will they ever ring to offer flat rate?

Also,I was told that it'll be another two years at least before I see ADSL.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

I haven't got a call from eircom ever ? They must have a few ppl in their database and keep swapping them around ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did you ask them to take you off their direct marketing list?

All you have to do is write to them and ask them to remove you from their direct marketing list. They have to write back to you, by law, within 40 days to notify you that they have complied with your request. If they don't, you can and should complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.

Mark it for the attention of the "Data Protection Officer".

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

yeah, and let us know what they say...i cant wait to hear how this goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

what really disgusted me was when i rang up to register interest in ADSL long time ago.

i got 2 calls since along the lines of

salesnitwit : "Mr Rea, i belive you express interest in ADSL"

me : "thats correct" [trying to hold back my excitment and anticipation, was today the day ?]

salesnitwit : "Well I would like to offer you our ISDN service, now at our lowest prices"

i wanted to rant and rave, i wanted to give that person a headache. but i just hung up and saved myself the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

and those i-stream banner ads

they mock us

I feel pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

2 phone calls and 1 leaflet about ISDN :(

And I keep getting those banner adds in Gamespot.co.uk, ah yes like all good small business's I spend my time looking at computer game websites :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

bah i jus got an e-mail..on my elivefree.net address..and no one has that..bleah turn ur mouse into a supermouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Ruu
    bah i jus got an e-mail..on my elivefree.net address..and no one has that..bleah turn ur mouse into a supermouse!

hmm, spamcop.

i wonder if we sent Eircoms tech support hundreds of emails bout irelandoffline would that be considered spam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by pork99
    and those i-stream banner ads

Lol, just you wait.....just you wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

OK.I've sent off an email to Eircom asking them to remove me from my marketing list like dahamsta said.I told them that flat rate interested me more.(Never know,They might offer it next):rolleyes:

Thanks for your help,and if they keep bugging me I'll just have to be a bit more vocal on the subject to them,won't I.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Ruu
    i wonder if we sent Eircoms tech support hundreds of emails bout irelandoffline would that be considered spam :p

Not a bad idea. If EVERYONE was to send an email on the same day to eircom asking them for CHEAP ADSL and Flat-rate would they listen?

Why dont IOFFL start a "Postcard Campaign". That might catch there attention:

"Eircom look me in the face and tell me im not slow"

:D:D (My idea remember) :D:D

Remember the guy from the Shawshank Redemption..Tim Robbins..he sent two letters a week to get funds..why doesnt each member send 2 emails a day :) hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Ruu

Cause as usual the tech suport crowd would take the heat for the marketing dept...
    If you are annoyed direct your anger...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Dustaz

Lol, just you wait.....just you wait :)
    I take it your talking about DeVore and his money making plan...? LOL

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yep. well its more his 'take eircom for every penny they will give him' plan :)

Advertisement