Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witness - Camping

• 09-05-2002 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

just wondering when u go into the campsite in witness do u get searched or is it just goin into the concerts?????
    do dey take drink off ya in d campsite???
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Carry as much drink with you into the campsite but you may get frisked when going into the actual gig. And no they don`t take the drink off you in the campsite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They only take bottles off you, and you could get them in if you put them in a sleeping bag and kept em quiet, but who drinks outta bottles anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ok so do they acutally search ur bags???goin into the campsite i dont mind bout the gig coz ill buy it in derre but like i wanna bring loadsa LOADSA cans up and other sh*t..do dey search u in the campsite at all??????
    thX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They dont mind cans. bring as many as you like. There seaching for bottles and weapons and stuff.

I brought a crate and other booze in plastic bootles. And i wudn`t bother buying the drink in the gig. They only have guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Only have Guinness?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I presume most anything u leave in ur tent whiel ur at the gig will be long gone when you get back.... what were the crime levels liek last year and has anyone any tips for those of us camping for the first time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I'm goin to be interviewing the prodigy at the gig, has anyone got any questions they would like answered?:)

To keep your tent safe buy a lock for the zipper that will keep the dubliners away anyway.

Oh and Neil3030 , I`m a guiness man myself but watery warm guiness i`m not in favour off.

It`s gonna be good, has anyone got the VIP tickets yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

got press tickets (as good as vip'ers) hence the prodigy interview, will be nice to smoke some banana skins with them :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Dont leave ur tent open if ur doin stuf thats bad,and hide bottles in the middle of sleepin bags as long as they dont clink.Bring food .And bring one of those mat thingys to sleep on and hide stuff v.well or ull b skrewd.

But even if u dont hav anythin to steal somethin might get fukdup e.g. a m8 went back to his tent to find a page 3 of the sun and bad smell(shudder) poor chaps still slept there me think,i was a bit outsidey and damp but at least i wasnt sleepin in sp***

oh is camping includeed in the 120?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

i don't know about the campsite but a load of other people stayed the night in the carparks. It was pretty funny actually. After the gig me and some mates went to stay in my van. all around me there where people trying to drunkadly pitch tents. it was pretty good craic in the carpark. you know that your stuff is pretty safe locked up in your car/van. its pretty good craic there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Just got my camping ticket today. Despite all the usual initial rumours that they were gonna sell out almost immediately., they didn't. Can't wait to go now :D

Advertisement