Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwan?!?!

Options
  • 09-05-2002 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

anyone heard anything about billy corgan's pet project?. is jimmy still being a big bad drummer guy for billy.
    man its just a pity they had to split up.
    WHYYYYYY BILLLY?? WHY?

he had to be such a control freak.

*sigh* i just dont understand

(AAAAAnyway) are zwan due to release any music soon? im looking forward to hearing some of their stuff.

oh yeah and whats the deal with darcy and james. is darcy still in rehab or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

They are supposed to be releasing something soon.
    check out the pumpkins site...theres a link to the zwan site and you'll find more info there

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

sp dvd of last gig in chicago is out soon.
    zwan album won't be out til the end of the year,
    should be an interesting one, though i don't agree with
    "pity they had to split up".
    They've more quality and genious in their repertoire of albums than any other band the last decade. The last album wasn't
    bad but it just wasn't what they used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭NÏTRÔ²º¹³¦-&#22

by last album are you talking about machina 2? i havent heard that. it was only released on the net right. anyhoo spanks for the help'n' stuff, i have to do crappy english homework. so im going to go. night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Quiff

You can pick machina II up in borderline, the fan club version..a few zwan tracks(live) are available over the net on audiogalaxy or equivilant.

yes man but HOW MUCH DOES IT COST??? as far as i know its horribly expensive, just like that ep by radiohead, itch. has anyone heard any stuff off that by the by?

and man, not trying to sound like a smartass or anything its lateral U s. i think, dont blame me if im wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I got Machina II from Rythm Records a few months back for about £20. Dunno if they still have it, doubt it. It's a 2 CD set.

http://www.zwanmusic.com

You can get like 15 live tracks on AudioGalaxy... I'm still undecided on whether I like them or not.

And yes, it was time for the Pumpkins to call it a day. Billy lost it when he started talking about Glass & The Ghost Children and all that tripe...

(Still the best band ever though...)

i dunno man i kinda liked all that tripe. have you read all the stuff on their site, the big long story thing, its pretty cool. man , i kinda like the way they got a bit darker in the machina album. what i wouldnt do for a poster of the band from the machina age, or the sleevenotes to machina.

you know what would make a gr8 poster, you know the greatest hits album, in the sleevenotes ,theres a two-page picture of a live gig with billy ramming his fender (sounds sick) off an amp and theres a pic of the band members, but whats really cool is, billy is in the left hand side of it and he has this yoke on his forehead, he's looking up in the air, and he has two fingers up. i think that would be a kickass poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Scan it into a PC, blow it up and print it on glossy paper? ;]

I'm a huge fan of the Pumpkins and Billy but nah, that G&TGC was just too much. At the time of the competition to see who could decipher the meaning behind Machina, I honestly thought Billy had gone insane...

D'arcy is 'pursuing' an acting career btw, that's the last I heard anyway.

yeah, but i'd never get it the size i want it, it'd never be big enough
    (where have i heard that before?)

ever eat at cornucopia, its great, beside tower records. and it works out cheaper than cdonalds and sh1t.
    i've stopped eating at burger king and mcdonalds. i think everyone should.
    goddamn globalised BA5TARD5

i was in town on monday and i saw ads for what i think was the street party. it said in front of the gpo at 2:30 is that the one with the riots? me and my sis were thinking of going, jesus, lucky we went to see panic room instead- great film- go see it, theres a room, and some serious bad-assed panicking going on

• Advertisement

when i said last album wasn't what they used to be, i meant
    the original Machina. I've since had no interest in checkin out the
    sequel. Though i did fish out more rare stuff since like the
    aeroplane boxset and compiled myself 3 cds of rare's and b's
    from the last 10 years and they're as good as anything else in my collection.Frankly, i don't need any more pumpkins music -
    8 or 9 quality cd's of quality, no place for a 10th dodgy one

yeah, recently i've started "purifying" my cd collection.
    i threw out my crap cd's. now i have a purely classis collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

machina took me 6months to get into but when you get its multi layered concepts you realise its genius , corgan in my opinion is one of the top 20 songwriters of all time , the only problem was he was sooo passionate about his music which gave him the megalomaniac tag & terrible grillings by nme etc....i', there will never be a band quite like them again,......

well said, genius he is but what was all that concept stuff
    about anyway? I wouldn't dare be critical of the man i also
    regard as one of the best ever songwriters but that album
    just didn't have the same appeal as the others. i only
    loved 3 or 4 of the songs, which is rare for any album, but
    the concept thing never pinched me.

that said, i could never understand how some nme and hotpress
    journos didn't recognise the brilliance of billy corgan.

i couldn't believe adore wasn't in hotpress journo's top 30 albums of 1998 and than they gave machina 2/12(dice).....very bitter or
    musicaly deaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

i know i remember the q magazine readers top 100 albums i think melloncollie was no. 30 and q editors gave it only 4 out of five stars but then proceded to give much lesser bands like oasis etc more stars ... i mean pumpkins are in a different stratosfere to most of the stuff in that top 100, corgan said it true tho that people won't realise actually how good their stuff was until he is well gone...cos he knew " the meaning of it all, the solitude of heart, & the secrets in your spires......

....the distance to the sun

deep, man

Advertisement