Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science Oral

Options
  • 10-05-2002 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Our Ag science oral is on tomorrow like i am screwed if i was ever i am dreading this i hope i dont get asked up.When is every one elses on and how is the folder and note book coming along.

Mine is alright bout 40 pages with decent writhing and few pics etc note book is pretty full with NEARLY every diagram and experiment in it.
    Well any way hows every one getting along and many doing pass with the new layout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

whats an ag science oral?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

Its an oral exam where a examiner comes in and speaks to a selected few students and you have to talk to him about cows their milk yeild ,genes, everything about farming but in detail.

I had it today but lucky I did not get asked up to talk but my brother went up and he knows nothing bout this but he did ok he fluked it haha.And he got into trouble as well cos he looked at what the teacher marked us and we all know what we got lol the teacher went ape gave him a right going over lol .

If you do ag what are you expecting to get fromt he folder and the notebook i got 15% and the hightest was 20% so i did alll right .Many people doing honours I am thinking bout it but i am crap at this subject i was like asleep for the last two years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was called up, the chap hardly looked at my notebook, etc.

He asked me where i was from and what kind of farms do they have there, I had to talk about them for a while then he showed me some specimends in jars, i hadn't a clue what any of them were :) then he show me a bunch of weeds and asked me to identify them, i knew them all!! :D

He told my teacher he was impressed with my knowledge of weed :D ... apparently i was the only person he talked too who could identify 'black medic' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

WTF is ag science?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'm gonna assume its a subject to keep people in farming.

After all who will claim all of those grants for not selling good produce if they all goto UCD :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

Luckilt i was nt called up as my project was nearly 150 pages and i did nt have a clew....your teacher marks them and very very very rarely does the examiner change the grades

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Man U babe
    WTF is ag science?
    Biology and farm stuff. :)

Advertisement