Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for ****'s sake!

Options
  • 10-05-2002 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

gimme my sig back! NOW! :mad: if anyone has a problem with it they can still turn it off, right?!

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

AtlantaSuburb, last i heard PHANTOM FM is not the Recycle Bin. id love to move this to there.

Did you even bother to read this post in Admin ?

I never got to see yours, but the guidelines are plain and simple....

and i dont think ppl have the ability to turn of ONE PERSONS sig, its either ONE or ALL afaik.... of course they could put you on their IGNORE list and that would hide your sig (and post) altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Unfortunately you cannot ignore one sig. It's all or nothing, baybee. If your sig was anyway relevant or interesting people wouldn't mind. But it's a big pointless picture that takes up half the thread.

Why don't you just print it out, stick it on the side of your monitor? That way you get to look at it, but no one else has to suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

holy jumping jayzis on the cross! ever come across the word - let me spell this out for you - T.O.L.E.R.A.N.C.E???? it's funny how people can get away with more than a sig some people don't like on most boards on the web! i'm very close to getting disrespectful here! :mad:

if your sig image was too big then just resize it to the guidelines laid down and use that one.

Failing that, you should post the image as a ling of boards. The image wuld then be seen by ppl bothered to click on the link.

throw it up on a server till i see it and pass judgement :D

Oh wow AtlantaSuburb, don't get too upset there, you might bust a vain or something.

Tolerance has nothing to do with it. I don't want to waste my bandwidth download a picture of some guy. It's in violation of the sig rules, and serves absolutely no purpose. Put it back if you want, other people have been complaining, the mods will just remove it again. Why not make it smaller huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by AtlantaSuburb
    gimme my sig back! NOW! :mad: if anyone has a problem with it they can still turn it off, right?!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
    again
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

poor noob

still funny tho

do u know who Dev is ?

<edit>
    btw GS - it was bleedin massive lets say about 5-6 times the size of ur one

it was bleedin massive lets say about 5-6 times the size of ur one

and mine is pretty big as it is.

well then it deserved to go.

solutions

resize
    link off boards
    grow up and get on with your life

ta for the ingo strat :)

well holy something or other... looking at it from a psychological point of view this thread has gone rather amazing really... can you please all takea chill pill? i mean, here i am, nicve and harmless and all. i have a sig that i like, but that seems to annoy a few people, fair enough. a lot of people here do what they like and annoy me with it, but, y'know what? i actually have the ability to ignore the things that annoy me here... so anyway, the sig gets taken a away, shag it, actually i don't care very much (except maybe that i'm feeling sorry for the guy who put in a lot of effort into making it appear for me). so i post a mostly humouruously annoyed statment regarding its sudden disappearance, shag that, too. a rather normal phenomenon on the web i should think. and what happens? i get flamed to a ****in CRUST with first freak-outs and then lectures! look, are all of you quite fine out there? it's only a freakin sig we're talking about here, not peace for the middle east! now please all sit down, have a smoke and listen to some nice music. really, this is not worth even getting annoyed about...

Exactly dude, that's all we said :) It's just a sig.
    Shrink it down and I'm sure no one will mind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i'm gonna miss that picture :(

• Advertisement

so will i, kurdtie dear... :( but we have a saying in german, the wiser one gives in. i hereby choose to be the - get that everyone - WISER one. there's no point in trying to battle stupidity really, which is the reason why my sig will stay the way it is for the time being. btw - this thread has confirmed an awful lot of my darkest suspicions about irish society, hope some people here are proud of themselves now...

omfg !!
    so will i, kurdtie dear... but we have a saying in german, the wiser one gives in. i hereby choose to be the - get that everyone - WISER one. there's no point in trying to battle stupidity really, which is the reason why my sig will stay the way it is for the time being. btw - this thread has confirmed an awful lot of my darkest suspicions about irish society, hope some people here are proud of themselves now...

AS, you should put a disclaimer on all your posts from now on. along the lines of

WARNING, certain parts of the following post may induce bouts of hystery. This is caused by idiotic, contradictory and self righteous content

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

"Maker yer sig smaller and put it back"

Seems a reasonable enough suggestion...

"btw - this thread has confirmed an awful lot of my darkest suspicions about irish society, hope some people here are proud of themselves now... "

Right. Ok. Sure.

Weirdo.

gee... i guess you'll all learn at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

How about you take your condescending attitude towards 'Irish Society' and go f*ck yourself?

Tants.

sumun's in beead need uf cawlming down here an' it ain't me kid...

AtlantaSuburb give it a rest. You can't go around being high-and-mighty if you have nothing to back it up with.

IT'S JUST A SIG. Get over it.

Originally posted by koneko
    AtlantaSuburb give it a rest. You can't go around being high-and-mighty if you have nothing to back it up with.

IT'S JUST A SIG. Get over it.

koneko, please don't get me wrong... i really truly honestly don't have a problem with my sig being taken off. the thing i DO have a problem with is some people's answers to a vaguely annoyed post... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hey all,

Talk about a loada hassle over nothin'. You've all gone mad , how did a thread about a sig being removed turn into a affirmation about a belief on irish society in general....relaaaax.

koneko, please don't get me wrong... i really truly honestly don't have a problem with my sig being taken off

if you didnt have a problem with the sig being removed, why the thread in the first place ? why use for ****'s sake! as the thread title ?

The first few words : gimme my sig back! NOW! :mad:, dont tell me that everyone would deem that emotive language from someone thats vaguely annoyed.

What you must remember is that always, PERCEPTION IS REALITY. What may seem as vaguely annoyed to you may not be true to a reader like myself. I found your very first post, with its title, to be from a person that is well angry, and use of the "mad" icon confirms it.

So get down of your high horse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

As some hippy, who was probably stoned, probably said:"chill out dudes, its nothin to get worried about guys,were all brothers................peace and love!":cool:

Advertisement