Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help a noobie?

Options
  • 10-05-2002 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

hey im new to MP quake, i can beat the bots on nightmare every now and again and basically im looking for any help or tips you can spare and even your configs if your feeling really generous,
    hell maybe you could use this thread to show off your configs and see whos got the best/ most comfortable or whatever.

many tanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just setup quake so as to get the highest fps you can. And have binds for weapons in easy reach. For example, in quake 1 I have a shaft bind at shift (i use wasd to move around) so i tap shift to use the shaft, and then have it so it changes to shotgun when i release fire so there'll be no ammo stealing. You can do similar things in quake3 too. And learn to move around levels FAST. Strafe jumping, bunny hopping etc. And play loads of lan games with your mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

giblet dunno wat ur talkin bout u and q1 heh!!!!
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

download irc connect to ign.ie.quakenet.org and join #quake.ie, youll get help there and can organise games with ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That beating i got last night was purely from lag i tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Thats what i say, and do they beleive me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I was talkin to bitchin in IRC and gave him my configs, i'll throw them up here for anyone who wants them. One of them is called teamplaynd.cfg, thats our binds, lots of ppl have binds, but we use these ones because they are concise and colour coded. Everyone has their own preference though. The other is zerowork.cfg, which isnt my proper config, its an altered one for my really crap work PC, so the graphics are totally cut to bits in it. I'll throw up my proper one when I remember to take it from home.

http://www.quake.ie/nd/configs/zerowork.cfg
    http://www.quake.ie/nd/configs/teamplaynd.cfg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

the configs zero gave me are actually a dream come true if youre in college or at work with crappy computers, doesnt look the best but its perfectly playable

Tanks zero:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Skippy

if u need some tips e-mail me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yes....yes i will....

Advertisement