Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed: TVs?

• 18-06-2001 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Yeah, not sure if this is the place for this, but anyway here I go.

I've got £500 set out for a tv. I need to have the ability to display NTSC signal as well as PAL, and definitely stereo sound. Outside of that, if its possible in that price range, I'd like to have 480p display as a possibility.

Anyone know of any along these lines? And if so, where?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Yeah, trired there, but their site sucks inbso far as their coverage of their tvs goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

ooops...I thought you needed a transvestite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Try http://www.prizebuy.com

I don't work for them or anything but i bought some stuff from them b4 Christmas and was impressed with price and service.

Price on the website includes delivery, i got a widescreen telly a couple of weeks before Christmas and then bought a tumble-dryer since the price was right.

Not only that but they were running this special offer that if you bought more than a certain amount you got a free gift. I was entitled to one of those scooter things with the telly but i asked them if they could combine the values of both orders to enable me to get the dozen bottles of wine and they said no problem.

Two days later the wine was delivered and damn good stuff it was too (>£100 worth my mate worked out whos into wine..)

They even phoned a couple of days after each order to make sure everything was fine and ask if i was satisfied with my purchases!

Sorry to go on a bit but it's damn rare to get decent customer service in this country never mind not getting ripped off on price so IMHO prizebuy.com is my recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

I always thought the NTSC/PAL thing was just for video players and that the TV just displayed whatever signal it recieved.

As for where to buy... theres always the old regulars of peats/dicksons/power city and co.
    Apparently theres also a shop in BT (or is it Jervis... dang memory >:| ) which has all
    the new-fangled jazzy (expensive) malarkey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement