Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relatively simple Win2K query

• 12-06-2001 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Ok...

seems the MSDN version of Windows 2000 comes with that little "Windows 2000 Pro/ Build # xxxx" message in the bottom right by default.

How do I get rid of it? - It just doesn't fit with my nice background wink.gif

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Format your hard drive and install Linux? smile.gif

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Format your hard drive and install Linux? smile.gif

adam
    </font>

Smartar$e tongue.gif

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

HKey_Current_User\control Panel\Desktop--PaintDesktopVersion--change value to zero

HKey_Users\default\control Panel\Desktop--PaintDesktopVersion--change value to zero

HKey_Users\S-1-5-21-583907252-113007714-1957994488-1002\control Panel\Desktop--PaintDesktopVersion--change value to zero

First one is probably only necessary if you just log in as administrator

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

if that dosent work a program called win boost does it 4 u ill look 4 a ulr 2 nite if u want it

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishguy:
    if that dosent work a program called win boost does it 4 u ill look 4 a ulr 2 nite if u want it</font>

You couldn't have typed that in plain English?

Anyway... it's at www.magellass.com and it's "for Windows Millennium Edition (Me)/98 Second Edition/98/95".

My query was about Windows 2000.

Thanks... Longfield.

Bard
    Fitter, happier, more productive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It has the ability to do it though. It's a setting you can change using tweakui for windows 2000. It's an option in General

http://www.windows2000faq.com/download/tweakui2k.zip

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Ok...

seems the MSDN version of Windows 2000 comes with that little "Windows 2000 Pro/ Build # xxxx" message in the bottom right by default.

How do I get rid of it? - It just doesn't fit with my nice background wink.gif

</font>

Only the beta version comes with the build number in the corner, the final release doesn't.

The Bandwidth Junkie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Cigarette Smoking Man:
    Only the beta version comes with the build number in the corner, the final release doesn't.
    </font>

I wasn't asking about that. This was the full release version, received through subscription to MSDN, and it displayed the build number in the bottom right corner as I said.

Amp- thanks for the link.

Bard
    Fatter, happier, more productive.

Advertisement