Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow

Options
  • 10-05-2002 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Today is the day, Quannum stalwarts Blackalicious return to splendor with
    Blazing Arrow, the follow-up to their immediately seminal Nia album from way
    back in 2000. Critically lauded, commercially dominant and aesthetically
    pleasing, Nia was one for the record books. Not two to rest on their laurels,
    Blackalicious' Chief Xcel and the Gift of Gab have managed somehow to outdo
    themselves yet again. Gab's lyrics and flow continue to confound the physics of
    the human mouth, while Xcel's production is so advanced it's hard even consider
    listening to another hip-hop record afterwards. As if that weren't enough,
    they've roped in plenty of high powered guests, including Ben Harper, Chali 2na
    and Cut Chemist from Jurassic, Keke Wyatt, Gil Scott-Heron, Rakaa and Babu from
    Dilated, Saul Williams and Jaguar Wright, and of course Quannum fam members Joyo
    Velarde, Erin Annova, Vursatyl, Lyrics Born and Lateef. Blazing Arrow, album of
    the year, easy. At least until somone bootlegs those karaoke sessions from the
    Quannum Christmas party. Head over to www.blackalicious.com for more info.

Got this in an e-mail the other day.
    Anybody get the album yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

nope, i will though. I'd say it wont be as good as nia but definitely worth getting. Edans Lp is on its way in the post to me, should be the sh!t. MF Grimms album is out as is El-Productos (CoFlow). Copywrites debut album is already ripped, should be an ok album but not as good as hes capable of.Cages album will be out in june and that will be good.

Went a bit off topic there but...

This album will be exposed to more people than past efforts have been so i predict the two bais to get the respect thats due to them. Very slept on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye blazing arrow has been on release since the 30th... impossible to track down in record stores in dublin tho just yet (nobodys heard of it), best bet is amazon or cdnow.
    cant wait to hear it myself... reviews have been excellent so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The thing is with Qunnum releases, the debuts are usually too good to beat. The Private Press has gotten some bad reviews from fans just because Endtroducing was so good. I dunno if Blazing Arrow can be better than Nia.
    hiphopsite.com $11.99 but if I have read it right it's another $11.95 for shipping. :(
    amazon.co.uk £10.99 but it also says this
    Availability: This title is usually dispatched within 4-6 weeks. Please note that items sometimes go out of stock at our suppliers.
    4 to 6 weeks my ass Dunno about delivery costs
    cdnow.co.uk $14.49 delivery dunno

In the long run would it just be cheaper and easier to get HMV or Tower to order it for you? I reckon HMV will want in the region of €25 maybe.

thegiantpeach.com $12 + $8.70 p&p, propably take as long as amazon to deliver
    play.com dont have it unfortunatly
    jungle doesnt either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yeah, looking forward to this one. Dont think it's out on cd till 5th of June though. It's out on Vinyl now.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/servlet/HMVApp/SimpleSearch.SimpleSearch/search?searchString=blazing%20arrow&optionVal=2&sessionID=206897295588262381178484&m1=H&m2=BG&bskct=0&source=&sv=1

Sorry for the long URL

MB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

..yay picking it up on mp3 on monday... expect full and comprehensive review then :)

(couldnt possibly wait until somewhere in town stocks it...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yea i have blazing arrrow and private press both fubbin great albums!
    going over to london next week the see dj shadow play... woohoo!

naughty. the private press hasnt been released yet. On the blazing arrow front I think I'm just going to ag it as I cant be bothered waiting, I have the first 3 tracks off the private press aswell. Normally I buy them but I want them now and cant get them now so ag is gonna have to be the way to go.

Advertisement