Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digifone change to o2

• 10-05-2002 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

The change to o2 has been so crap. their website http://www.o2.ie hasn't got much on it yet. you'd think they could have it completed before they launched it. does anyone know if o2 or vodafone have any price reductions coming up soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

When Vodafone took over Eircell they announced there would be 'price reductions'. They didnt specify on which services but the only price reductions I think there have been so far are in international calls and roaming.

In fact the tarifs they introduced arent that fantastic.... nothing to write home about really.. I'm just glad I got onto Alltime 180 before they stopped offering it!

If youre waiting for price drops on the ready to go service you will more than likely be waiting a hell of a long time. Theres too much money to be made on ready to go customers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Well I got 25 more free minutes for nothing anyway in the new packages. Was on eirtime50, now on the 75min package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Agreed, they have put so much into promoting www.o2.ie and there is sweet F all on it. Why have they not integrated it with digifone and dol.ie ?

There is also a hell of a lot of Digifone signs still around. Plus their ad is crap. What's this "new communications revolution" crap about? :)

The vodafone/Eircell changeover was more fun. The ads with the music and that vodafone girl were class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I would agree that, certainly to date, the Eircell/Vodafone rebranding was better handled than Digifone/O2's.

As for price reduction, I don't think we're going to see a hell of a lot of those, although the GPRS rates are still up in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i kinda like the O2 branding - but each to their own - i like marmite too! :)

surprised at the www.o2.ie site not being ready on time and the digifone info not yet merged in - although if you surf on a Pocket PC it's got loads more information and it's up there with the best PDA sites i've seen yet (for design and usability)

reason for the PDA site is the upcoming O2 XDA device. its a pocket pc with integrated gprs and the Pocket PC Phone Edition operating system
    http://www.mmo2.com/docs/services/xda_details.html

It was first seen at the Pocket PC 2002 launch in Oct 2001 but it's launch here hasn't been announced (yet). it is a nice design, and produced by (oem) HTC, the same company that manufactured the iPAQ for Compaq (LG Electronics of South Korea now also manufacture the iPAQ)

i'd be more of an advocate of using a bluetooth enabled pda and mobile rather than buying an integrated device at the moment - but again each to their own - now where's my marmite :)

Brian G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

FYI, vodafone gprs is still free (now till the end of May), and still lacking an internet apn (unlike digifone).

glad someone else can confirm that, start of june was the last date given when asking about getting GPRS Web access (but it's been pushed every month since February) - hope they launch it fully soon!

you can get free WAP and Web GPRS on O2 for the first few months, they have a PROMO GPRS package for the option you choose - it's great getting EURO 0.00 bills even after using it a fair bit

Brian G

got a reply from Vodafone today saying that launch of their GPRS ISP (full web) access now won't be until July (for post-paid consumers) :(

however the GPRS WAP access is now extended and is free until the end of June :)

Brian G

Advertisement