Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously screwed

Options
  • 10-05-2002 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

26 days to the LC.......cant believe it. I'm just so screwed. I've only studied for 4 out of 8 subjects so far. English scares me, does anyone know is it possible to get a C3 having done feck-all work for the last 2 years? (last essay=mock) or to cram accounting in 5 weeks? +french.....aargh!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've done precisely 20 minutes of Business Studies study in 6th year so far, on wednesday night. I haven't done anything resembling homework in a long time, and to cap it all off today was my physics and chemistry teacher's last day and out of the class of 3 we sat down one day with the past papers and working together, we couldn't do even half of the questions on a past paper. I'm not panicing though, yet anyway, I reckon once I finish going in to school I'll still have 3 weeks at home before the exams and if I put a bit of effort in I can at least go over the things I know.

Regarding english, if you're good at the subject naturally it's very possible to get a C3 on little or no work as long as you know at least some of the poetry/single text/comparitive studies stuff, I can't see anything that I'd study for on paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Screw all that, it's the Irish I'm useless at. And I need it for my course for some stupid, crazy, useless reason (I didnt know computers used Irish :rolleyes:).

22% in Mocks :\

For the accountancy, just do the Ratio Analysis. It's worth 100marks, you only need 160 to pass. RA is simple. Ord level is anyway :]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I got 9% in Honours Maths :(
    I got 7% in pass Applied Maths :( but the teacher let me resit it cause i couldnt remember any equations and i got 78%.
    I dropped back to pass maths and its soo easy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its the maths is the only subject that puts me down on the whole LC thing.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

its horrible!i am so dead for phyics!i'll never be able to learn all the crap before the exam!
    and although i love history and i'm quite good at it i'm crap at revising it!
    i hate it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm really ****tin a brick over the Business and Geography papers. I haven't studied for either of them yet. I'm so dead! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RA isn't guaranteed on the Accounting paper...be wary.

Slurprisingly, I'm dead calm at the minute. Only 4 odd weeks to go and I havent really got any asort o panic attacks.

I've worked out some revision plans with some teachers for after our Grad. Mass next Tuesday.

Only time I over reacted was when the CAO form came in the post d'other day and I went and changed EVERYTHING!
    Went a bit OTT and put my last choice first and pushed everything down a notch!

Other than that....if your sort o uneasy...buy some *smoke* and just relax for a few days...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Well i wouldn't worry too much about English, you can easily get a C with just a little bit of work (cramming beofre the exam :P) If you have done nothing all year in Accouting and French you are kinda screwed, although having said that i got a C1 in French last year by cramming as much phrases/verbs into my head a few days before the exam. If you haven't studied and you are looking for an A or B in a subject, unless you are good you won't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

English : Pass...laf
    Irish : pass also..but i dunno
    Maths : Well fine i guess should get me A1
    Phyics : Set
    Chemistry : Fairly Set i suppose
    Applied Maths : Set
    Business : Absolutely screwed
    Home Ec : Err whats a cooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

ah sure if the worst comes to the worst just repeat it can make a big difference if ya kinda unsure what ya wanna do

as for panicking bout it there`s no real point ya only have a certain amount of time and just do the work during that time and then ya can at least have the comfort ya made a descent effort

thats my 2cents anyways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

I WENT TO MASS THIS MORNING BECAUSE IF SEAMUS HEANEY DOES NOT COME UP IN THE POETRY SECTION....IM SCREWED.I KNOW HEANEY WELL ENOUGH BUT COULDNT BE BOTHERED LEARNING ANY OTHER POET...I GOT 76 IN THE PRE BUT HEANEY CAME UP IN IT.
    ANYONE ELSE IN A SIMULAR SITUATION

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

gah lose the caps Wheeler :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

English(ord) : Set
    Irish (Hig) : Must Learn all stories and poems in 3 weeks
    MAths (Ord) : SET
    Art (High):Set
    Engineering High) : MUst Look backk over
    Tech Drawing (High) : Must learn da Whole course
    Physics (High) : Must Learn whole Course

Physics i'm wicked f u c k ed seriously, didn't listen 2 da teacher 4 2 years and ust teach myself da whole course now,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

2 make ye all feal better @ 9am on the 6th of june 2002 when ye are all going into english paper II, ill b in the water party in Es paradis [San Antonio, Ibiza] with 10,000 other clubbers. here are a few pics

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg
    good luck with your leaving cert lads ;) !!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

well for me

Irish: pass (simple imo)
    english: honours (ive acted in hamlet so quotes and stuff i know)
    maths: honours (im just good with numbers)
    app maths: honours (same as above)
    french: honours (bit doubtful but i hope for a c2)
    geo: honours (should do pretty well with fieldwork under me belt)
    accounting: honours (a few days gap before the exam should help)
    physis: honours (well imo the course is a lot easier than last year and id say i hope to get a b1)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Honours Maths - Need to work on line/circle/vectors/complex numbers and induction and series, i reckon i will get some kind of a B
    Honours English - Haven't done a tap but should get B
    Honours Physics - Only starting to learn it all now, another B
    Honours Chemistry - Same as above
    Honours Applied Maths - Have a lot done, should get a B in that too
    Honours Economics - Nice and easy subject, hoping for an A
    Honours History - Definetly going to get a B, hoping for an A here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Well I'm only in 5th year but I'm definitely screwed in Higher Irish... am I the only one whose teacher wants them to know of by heart (word-for-word):
    10 Essays
    8 Essay-Length Poetry Answers
    8(?) Essay-Length Short-Story Answers
    5 Essay-Length Answers on a novel
    AND
    Approx. 10 Pages of Oral Notes??

Could be Pass for me in September...

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I've decided to stop caring bout english once I pass I'm ok! Ditto irish, its pass anyway. have to cram accounting+french. have realised I'm fairly set for maths, app maths, physics, chemistry (i want a1s in all 4) but need a bit more work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ah only A1's in those 4? sure tis quite possible to get 100% in applied maths, phyics and chemistry....harder in maths...but like i want a few of those little certs for 100% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Originally posted by Kaimera
    Other than that....if your sort o uneasy...buy some *smoke* and just relax for a few days...:p

Yup, probably the worst advice u coulda given

• Advertisement
Advertisement