Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities vs. Real People

Options
  • 11-05-2002 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

when i say real people i mean people that you actually know, and have contact with.

what are peoples thoughts on the whole 'setting people on pedestals' thing, for any reason, and doing it to real people as opposed to actors and singers and such? go nuts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Um... it depends on what type of celebrity... I tend to disagree with the importance placed on popstars cause they're usually put in the spotlight by others anyway... actual talent in a certain field leading to celebrity status is always admirable. If someone does something fantastic (makes an amazing song for example) they deserve to be recognised for it...

I'd also like to make one more valid point:

"When I am king, you will be first against the wall..."

Advertisement