Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP memory dump

• 11-05-2002 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I've tried to install windows XP on a new system 1ghz duron, 256mb sdram. During installing there's 24minutes left when it gives the blue screen of death and the main error is a memory dump. This is while it's actually installing with info on how good it is etc.

Here's the catch, the system has a 2mb pci gfx card. I thought it would work but just not look great. Anyway I'm hoping this is the reason and not a badly built system on my part! I'm getting a 16mb gfx today anyway but I'm just wondering if there's any other reasons why this could happen? Also any of ye know what "Graphic win size" refers to in the BIOS in the advanced system setup section. It's not explained in the manual :(

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

the new gfx card sorted it, thx for all the replies :P

Advertisement