Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servlet Hosting Please

Options
  • 11-05-2002 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I need a reasonably priced host to run servlets on.

Can anyone recommend an Irish host or otherwise that would provide the following at a reasonable price (shared Hosting)

Apache
    Tomcat
    MySql

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48874

Theres a servlet host mentioned in that thread and its free, so it cant be much more reasonably priced than that.

Its mentioned about the third or fourth reply down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

www.mycgiserver.com does it but you have to anwser some questions first so you aint some waste :D

Why not just download the stuff and develop locally anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gg_666

It has been developed locally, the host I'm with won't support it so I'm looking for another. Don't mind paying but not prepared to pay for a dedicated server. Thanks for the replies came across a list of hosts at http://www.servlets.com/isps/servlet/ISPViewAll

No Irish hosts mentioned but someone else may benefit from the link.

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'm not sure about this but www.ucvhost.com and www.gearhost.com both have JSP in there packages is that what your looking for or is there a difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you need JSP/Tomcat/MySQL then maybe you should look at our offerings...
    I don't like advertising, but you may not be aware that we offer it so.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gg_666

Thanks for pointing it out but the linux professional is a bit too expensive for me. BTW on the graphic for the Linux Standard it indicates JSP is supported but when I click through it says

"JSP no "

Might want to change that!!

Think I'm gonna go with http://www.cqhost.com/cherokee.html

Their basic package looks keenly priced, They use Caucho Resin instead of Tomcat but it should be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Oops! That was obviously the one that got away.... Changed!
    You can now have JSP support with the Linux Standard package.. which was originally intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Their basic package looks keenly priced, They use Caucho Resin instead of Tomcat but it should be alright

Change that to, should be at least 4-5 times faster. Resin's a far better container than Tomcat. Got some nice features that are worth reading up on too. I used CQHost, good setup, easy to use, no problems whatsoever.

Highly recommended.

Advertisement