Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl trail people: anybody got a reply from eircom?

Options
  • 11-05-2002 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

I decided to keep the connection and emailed this exciting news off to patrick patterson at eircom (rather than fax). Haven't heard anything back yet though. Anyone else in the same boat? I don't want to get paranoid, but don't want to be cut off on tuesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I talked to him on the phone. You should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

ta for that. Could feel that doubt creeping up.
    On a related matter, was anyone explicitly offered the uncapped service?
    I asked for a four port modem at the start of the trial, and got one, but it only ever worked off one port at a time (so my account wasn't actually set up as a 'multi' account, although the 'time's up' email claimed that's what I'd been trialling, and offered me the 6 gig capped 'multi' package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Need dictated me getting the residential.
    Anyone else take the plunge?
    Should have it in 10 working days so they say anyway.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Well, as a triallist I asked to keep it too. I haven't heard anything back yet, but as I only faxed them yesterday I don't expect to hear anything for about a week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

update on my four port modem situation.

It seems I have had the 'multi' service since november, but no-one informed me of my 3 additional usernames (for the additional ports), so I couldn't make any use of them. I assumed they were not trialling the 'multi' service and didn't pursue it with eircom. I got curious when my end of trial email claimed I had been trialling the 'multi' package, and phoned them to ask what the story was. Got my additional usernames then. Ah well.

btw, the bandwidth got bumped up to 10 Mbps at some point recently (on the 'multi' trial accounts only, I guess)

• Advertisement
Advertisement