Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Video Scenes

Options
  • 11-05-2002 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

What in your own opinion is the best scene in a Music Video?

Mine has to be from:

You Could Be Mine - Guns N' Roses, when the Terminator holding a shotgun, looking up at the theatre board with Guns N' Roses written across it.

or from Hot For Teacher - Van Halen, when Eddie is walking along some school desks while playing a guitar solo.

Hehe, memorable stuff...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

The end of november rain rain slash is soloing while standing on top of axls grand piano or the end of guerilla radio by rage against the machine.

so there

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

aphex twin- come to daddy- the bit with the big screamy monster head and the granny- classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Have to agree with you on the november rain thing.
    Also saw a great spinal tap video, cant remember the song. Awwwww crap cant remember any of the bands names oh well

it zooms in on one of them playing the guitar at the end of the video and he starts using the wammy bar only there is none *classic*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

the U.N.K.L.E. video with the messianic pose at the end is fairly memorable as is the fade to black sequence in Freedom 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Spinal tap guitarist was Nigel Tuffnel :)
    A good scene is in the Rabbit in your headlights video, when the car crashes into him after he takes off his coat, and doesn't move him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Check your PM's Giblet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

bjork - army of me...

theres a great scene in it where shes wrestling the gorrilla dentist.. and for two brief scenes (hard to spot without pause button) theres like 2 bjorks..
    plus she looks damn tasty in it imo :)
    directed by the absolutely brilliant michael gondry (who has also done one or two chemical brothers and radiohead videos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Radiohead "Just" best video ever...real Hitchcockian suspense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

As Dustin and Giblet mentioned, the Rabbit in your headlights video is quite interesting.

Also most Spike Jonze videos.

I do quite like the ads section from the video of Orbital - Pay per View (one of the features of the Altogether 5.1 DVD) - Lip Techno 0wns j00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aya matsuura - Momoiro Kataomoi

the scene's where she is dancing, she looks so damned good :)

• Advertisement

You need help Mordeth;)

We gotta cure ya of your Jap Scat obsession....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nevah!

I have ways and means mordeth.....ways and means.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TheLizardKing

Probably the The Unknown Soldier vid by the Doors..or Strawberry fields thats pretty trippy.The Unknown Soldier was banned for about 15 years,it contains scenes from Vietnam...but when this was played live..Robby Krieger would hold his guitar up imitating a shotgun...Whilst Jim Morrison puts his hands behind his back,as if he were tied up,the drummer(John Densmore)is doing his drum roll...and Ray Manzarek(Oragan/bass,left hand)
    stands up with his back to the audience,one arm up and the clenched fist just like(RATM battle of L.A.)then the gunshot,and morrison shoots to the stage floor!!!good live entertainment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

its not a music vid, well i suppose it could be, in the commitments, where Outspan ( glen H ) is getting changed into a suit...

"wheres me knob? i knew i tucked it inte me sock"

LOVE IT!!

"and ,and, fucccing AND??" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Keith Flint in a suitcase in the Prodigy's "Voodoo People". Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Areosmith - Crazy, where Liv Tyler is climbing out the classroom window and her little skirt gets caught on the window clasp.
    Magic moments...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by darthmise
    Areosmith - Crazy, where Liv Tyler is climbing out the classroom window and her little skirt gets caught on the window clasp.
    Magic moments...

Wasn't that Alicia Silverstone who got caught in the window? Either way I'm getting a boner thinking of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Could be actually,
    My Bad, either way.......... exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

the aphex twin video where the guy is falling to pieces and eventually is shatterd by a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i like that video by radiohead, with the man layin on the pavement, cant remember what the songs called! with subtitles. anyone know what the last thing he says is??? i wish i could lipread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i'm pretty sure thats "Just".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by superfly
    the aphex twin video where the guy is falling to pieces and eventually is shatterd by a car

u sure thats aphex twin? I thought it was Leftfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It is Leftfield. Afrika Shock is the vid.

It is directed by Chrus Cunningham though that directed the more recent Aphex Twin vids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Nine Inch Nails 'Head like a Hole' - right at the end of the video when Trent is hoisted feet-first off the floor by all the video tape and is suspended in the air over the stage spinning around.
    Type O Negatives 'Everyone dies' where they are all being covered by dirt and gravel when the really eerie sad bit of the song is played.
    Frontline Assemblys 'Digital Tension Dementia' video, bit with the tank driving through the carpark, all very terminator styleeeee.
    Prodigys 'Smack my bitch up' where the chick in the video charges into the guys jacks and drags a guy out of one of the cubicles.
    Megadeths 'Bleeding Bullets' (I think thats what its called), Dave Mustaine sitting in a chair and lots of other hims start coming into the room around him doing different stuff and he's just staring at them.
    Lives 'Dolphins Cry' with all the dolphins coming out of the puddles in the alleyway and the big wave at the end....that one was really cool actually.
    Strapping Young Lads 'Detox', classic pi$$take metal video with the guys in the band only playing when the camera is on them....worth a giggle.
    Whales 'Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe' vid, swedish chick with knickers akimbo and two nutters with guitarz rocking out big time. One of the best ever.

There are so so many!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Has anyone seen the new Prodigy vid? Pretty weird, scenes with women in nipple tassles milking cows and suchlike!

Tonight Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins was f**kni deadly,especially da bit where they bate da alien shams with da unbrellas, fun for all da family!!.

Did any of you see Pearl Jam - Do The Evolution
    another classic done by the spawn guy

NOW FOR YA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Nine Inch Nails - Closer , cool song and cool vid, if you ever get to see the uncensored one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by josco da walrus
    Tonight Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins was f**kni deadly,especially da bit where they bate da alien shams with da unbrellas, fun for all da family!!.

NOW FOR YA!

Gotta agree with that! Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris are some of the best video directors ever in my opinion.

Some other good stuff
    =================
    Pyramid song by Radiohead. Also No Surprises and just by same.
    Ava Adore by Smashing Pumpkins
    Fell in love with a girl by White Stripes
    Rabbit in the headlight by UNKLE
    Da Funk by Daft Punk
    Hey Boy Hey Girl by Chemical Brothers.
    Are you gonna go my way by Lenny Kravitz
    Taxloss by Mansun
    Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack
    Freak on a Leash by Korn
    Sing it back by Moloko
    Imitation of Life by REM
    Buddy Holly by Weezer
    Prison Sex by Tool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

REM's Everybody Hurts and Imitation Of Life are classics. Radiohead always have great vid's, and Pearl Jam's Do The Evolution bloody rocks..

Advertisement