Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking Dell 933mhz...

Options
  • 11-05-2002 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

ok i know quite a bit about pc's, and ive just started to dabble in overclocking, i have just overclocked my gf3 ti200 and likes the improvements, so...

i have a 933mhz Dell Intel Pentium 3
    CHIPSET : Intel Solano 815/EM rev 2

i have never overclocked a a cpu as u can tell so as much help as you can give would be great,

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

First off all make sure you've got low temps otherwise you could fry your chip if it gets too high.

All this is at your own risk.

First go into your bios. Usuallly you push F2 or Del to get in.
    What you need to look for is ratio and fsb.
    You multiply the ratio by the fsb to get clock speed (e.g yours could be 7*133 or 9*103)
    Put up the FSB in SMALL incraments too big a jump could fry the board.
    A bigger FSB gives you better transfer rates from both ram and h/d's.

If you don't have the options in your bios you may have to try jumpers onboard which can get mess. The mobo manual will explain whats what. You might have DIP switches aswell which makes things easier.

You can also get overclocking software called SoftFSB and CPUFSB which will let you change the FSB easier.

Tell us how ya got on and if this helped or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Since it is a dell, there is no point in going into the bios. Try softfsb, I'm not sure if it is still being updated. Also give speedfan a go, it supports changing fsb also

www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Advertisement