Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Plans Software

• 11-05-2002 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I would like to know the name of a good CAD software programe that is used by irish architects to draw up house plans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Autocad or Autosketch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hehe, be warned if you're buying though. The full version of Autocad 2002 is over 5 grand.

They also do a cutdown version - Autocad LE as far as I remember - something like 700 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Have a look here,

www.graphisoft.com

If your rich I'll sell you the latest version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i have Autosketch..it was on a cover disk for PC Format November 1999..its a full version too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I work with Architects and their kin and they all use Autocad or autocad lite
    cad does run at 4500
    with lite at around 1200

Unless ur doing intensive work in cad or plan to , i wouldnt reckomend it for its sheer price alone , you would want to be using everyday for value ( if thats the case though , its a very good package, with alot of features etc.....)

if u could give me more info ....... Ill try and find the best one for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

No Reply .....
    Alternativly there is a free full house plan design package with
    one of the PC mags this month which should do as a good substitute for its more expensive brother

Advertisement