Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice for Taoiseach

Options
  • 11-05-2002 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

So who do you want to be the next Taoiseach? [note the 'other options']

Who is your preference for Taoiseach? 45 votes

Bertie Ahern
    0% 0 votes
    Michael Noonan
    31% 14 votes
    Ruairí Quinn
    6% 3 votes
    Trevor Sargent
    26% 12 votes
    Other - FF
    15% 7 votes
    Other - FG
    4% 2 votes
    Other - small party
    6% 3 votes
    Other - non-party
    4% 2 votes
    Rotating Taoiseach
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cornell babe

Bertie ahern is so not the proper choice for a leader of a country in the modern world.
    call me picky but in my opinion leaders and diplomats have enormous resoponsibility in running a country whatever size.
    these are cornell babes simple guidelines for running a country in this day and age.

1) the person should be able to speak their native tongue properly and should have command of some language in daily use in their job.

2) the person should not elect people to high positions who they know to be involved in shady dealings... (do i need to name names that everyone knows anyway?)

3) the person should not use the property of the state for private social functions.

4) the person should not condone driving at speed considerably over the limit when not even having the excuse of being in an emergency.

5) the person should not encourage or include people who have been proven guilty in a court of law to run in a country's general election on the leader's ticket.

6) the person should not contuinue to stay in government when faced with countless proven acts of corruption in their party on all levels right up to members of their cabinet.

being of sane mind and mildly intelligent, i could go on go on ad nauseum but instead i will let you make up your own minds.

please vote for change,
    thank you.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Cornell Babe

I second that, well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

5) the person should not encourage or include people who have been proven guilty in a court of law to run in a country's general election on the leader's ticket.

To whom are you refering?

one beverly cooper-flynn who was found guilty of encouraging people to evade tax. her guilt is further compounded by the fact it is upon her to pay the legal costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Originally posted by cornell babe
    one beverly cooper-flynn who was found guilty of encouraging people to evade tax. her guilt is further compounded by the fact it is upon her to pay the legal costs.
    Not strictly true. She lost a libel case against Charlie Bird and RTE which is different of being found guilty of a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hurler-on-ditch

I agree with Biffa - in fact the case is still under appeal.

Cornell Babe - with such unjudicious comments I hope you don't have political ambitions

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by hurler-on-ditch
    I agree with Biffa - in fact the case is still under appeal. Cornell Babe - with such unjudicious comments I hope you don't have political ambitions
    Actually, I understand that the time period for submitting an appeal ellapsed.

yeah lets quibble about the technicalities. lets forget the fact that a voted representative and in losing her libel case was basically proved to have evaded tax. the jury not supporting her case for libel obviously believed that she had evaded tax.
    and having to pay the legal costs doesnt mean anything to you...??
    oh forget it.... :rolleyes:

This poll will be locked in the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 simpsons rule

this poll is nothing to do with the government or MRBI is it ?

i voted for Trevor Sargent .

Originally posted by simpsons rule
    this poll is nothing to do with the government or MRBI is it ?
    Only who we would hope to form the next government. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement