Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Parkinsons

Options
  • 11-05-2002 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone was at the Parkinsons gig last weekend...if so what were they like? I read in nme that they be up to crazy antics... and are they worth checkin out at Witnness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Yep I was there, the gig was very quiet probably cos of the Frames gig on same night. Only about 40/50 ppl there but the band were really good, met them b4 the gig and they offered to put me on guest list xcept id already bought ticket.....typical

If you were around in 1977 you would probably enjoy them immensely, tho i wasnt goint o gigs then i wish i had seen the pistols live which this probably was the nearest you could get to anything like that. They are pretty wild on stage, and in front of stage as they spent most time "with the fans" , especially Al Zheimer (voice) and Victor Torpedo (guitar) great great names. The gig ended with Victor playin guitar in front of te stage and then casually takin his weapon off and givin it to this old guy to play, who then gave it to a long haired kid from France (apparently) who then got on stage himself while another member off the crowd finished the song with his mic as he was then suspending himself on top of the speakers and with one foot on the ledge on the wall next to the jacks. Cant wait to get the pics developed.

This lads are pretty up for it no matter what size the crowd....I wouldnt miss them at Witness for all the punk in Portugal

Advertisement