Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

freee sms??

• 11-05-2002 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can send free sms texts from the net?
    can get into dol.ir at the mo!
    also are there ne free message cntre numbers goin around? - there used be a few a while back...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

if you are on o2's network then you cant change message center numbers.they noticed that a while back and screwed us all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

You can send txt messages from ICQ. Don't know if it will send to Meteor though. They used not send to 087 but they fixed that and now it works with 086 and 087.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah you can use www.mtnsms.com (bin ages since used mightn't still be tere )aswell . but i've found with both that txts r extreemly slow even taking days....dol tends to be alot better with instant delivery usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i think you can send them from www.oceanfree.net and www.oxygen.ie i think you have to register with oceanfree , but that only takes a couple of minutes . not really sure bout oceanfree , i got a keyring thing in the bank with a number on it and logged in with that , but that was a while ago so im not really sure about the current set up there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Slider

www.boltblue.com is another.
    Ya can send to both 087 and 086 with it.
    Although the monthly allowance isn't alot.
    (still its better than nothin)
    Check it out

• Advertisement

hey, anyone know of a site on the net where i can send free text messages to a meteor phone with??

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    yeah you can use www.mtnsms.com (bin ages since used mightn't still be tere )aswell . but i've found with both that txts r extreemly slow even taking days....dol tends to be alot better with instant delivery usually

the site is still there ok, but they are now charging to send sms from the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

ICQ is the best

Advertisement