Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Bloodsport, but the season is nearly over!

• 12-05-2002 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

We are nearing the end of the season for one of the great national bloodsports. :( I am not in favour of bloodsports but in this case I am willing to make an exception, because it is so much fun. The prey actually approaches the hunter and stands in front of them to let them have a pop at them, which is great for the hunter! I got one a few weeks ago and I managed to get another one today. I hope I can get a few more, but time is running out. Less than a week of the season left and the next one may not be for years! :(

Yes, this afternoon a canvasser called to the door canvassing for Tom Kitt, a local TD, standing for Fianna Fáil in next Friday's election. Well I tackled her, by first asking what he had done for us. I then asked what the government, which he is in, had done for the health service. She started to tell me about all the money they had put in and I told her that it had made no difference. She started about how there was still a lot to be done but I got her admitting that things were still bad! I was really enjoying it at this stage. I then moved onto the crime situation. She told me crime had dropped in this area and gave me the percentage. I asked her what the government were doing to tackle crime. I noticed her take a step back. She had no answer. I was going to go on and tell her what I thought they should do, but I did not get a chance as she continued her retreat, turned and fled! Pity! I was really enjoying myself! I don't know if I will get a chance to get another, but I live in hope!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cornell babe

yeah well spare a sympathetic thought for those of us who never get a crack at the whip so to speak.
    my mother has been a supporter of one of our parties from birth and although she does not publicly annpy people with her opinion the opposition sadly are too chicken**** to come to our door and living in a rural constituency it often just comes down to ff vs fg.
    so yes i am sadly kept from venting my opinion on the party and isnt it also sad that they will not come to our door even though there are 4 other members of the electorate in residence!!!!

please vote for change
    thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hurler-on-ditch

Cornell Babe : will your vote be a change from the way your Mammy votes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I think that the canvassers should call to houses on a regular basis, like once or twice a year, not just before elections! In effect canvassing should begin just after an election not before it. Then they would really get a feel for what people think and the issues that are important and ideas to tackle them.

It certainly seems to be the case that in rural areas, the canvassers don't call that much, so maybe it is up to you to find them. They are at the church gates, in the local towns, around the area somewhere. So go and tell them what you think. It is important that they know what you think, so tell them and of course, it is great fun! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

ff.jpg

:D

Advertisement