Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Cap. What does it include ?

Options
  • 12-05-2002 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm half thinking of getting the 6gig CAP ADSL package from Eircom but have a question on what this 6gig CAP includes. Does this 6 GIG limit include uploading as well as downloading ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by TinCool
    Right, I'm half thinking of getting the 6gig CAP ADSL package from Eircom but have a question on what this 6gig CAP includes. Does this 6 GIG limit include uploading as well as downloading ?

It's just on downloads.
    **eircom reserves the right to charge 3c ex VAT per MB for material downloaded over and above the stated monthly allowance.

From the site, www.adsl.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It clearly says on the leaflet that is in front of me 'Monthly Download Allowance' , This leaflet is the one they sent out to all the triallists. The same thing it says on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

its a shame it aint availible in waterford... I'd fancy getting that 6gig cap package...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If they would just give the home solo package a 6GB cap more people would use it. BUT from what Ive heard theres gonna be NO cap on the esat offering. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just as a matter of interest but how much does the bandwidth cost eircom? Like if you goto www.rackshack.com or something like that they offer 400gb bandwidth with hosting for 99 a month.

The reason they can offer so much is because their parent company is a ISP and gets bandwidth dirt cheap or free in some form or another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Just as a matter of interest but how much does the bandwidth cost eircom?
    My best guess, based on numbers I just made up and no hard evidence at all, is €2.75 per gigabyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

Just as a matter of interest but how much does the bandwidth cost eircom? Like if you goto www.rackshack.com or something like that they offer 400gb bandwidth with hosting for 99 a month.

It's actually rackshack.net. Also bandwidth is much cheaper in the US compared to ireland plus the fact that rackshack buy huge amounts of bandwidth (gig-e's) . Another point would be that less than 1/4 of the users would use anywhere near the 400GB amount so RS are basically overselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

the cap will be on the amounth of data transfered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Carnivore
    the cap will be on the amounth of data transfered

How sure are you of this?

www.adsl.ie shows the three products:

For solo the monthly allowance is 3GB.**
    For multi the monthly download allowance is 6GB.**
    For enhanced there is unlimited Internet download allowance.**

The only specific lack of mention of the words download allowance are in relation to the i-Stream solo product. You could read it that uploads are not included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

that must be where my confustion lied, i was looking at the i stream solo product. thank you for clearing that misunderstanding up Mountjoy Mugger.

People working together to make the world a better place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

We aim to please! (Eircom, take note! :) )

Advertisement