Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low at Christchurch

Options
  • 12-05-2002 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I noticed that a lot of folk took photos at the show- anyone get anything good? also- i'm not as familiar with them as i'd like to be - they played a song with the phrase "that's how you sing Amazing grace" in the chorus- anyone know if this new or is it on an existing album-thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i was indeed there, i didnt take any photo's. I only have the one low album, so i assumed that Amazing Grace song was from a previous one, but i think it might be from the new stuff. The gig was great, wasnt it, although i wish they'd played longer. But after my exams, i shall have the time to earn more money and buy more low albums *cant wait*. There's a threat a few pages back, named the Low gig (i started it) and theres a link to their website oin it, where you'll probably be able to check out albums and song lyrics and see where the song comes from, if its an oldie or a newie. I'd give u the link myself only im too lazy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

afraid i can't help you with the pictures, never even thought of bringing my camera. the amazing grace song is, as far as i know, from their new album, though i have no idea when it's coming out. the drug song is also new, i think. i'm kind of like the drowner in that i don't really know much of their stuff: i only have their last album, the one before that and the christmas ep thingy. the website is www.chairkickers.com ... i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

there are some great pics up at www.mcd.ie

can i be really anooying and ask u guys again which album you think would be a good one to get next? (exams nearly finished, and money NEEDS to be spent). Low is next on my list so...is the one about curtians any good (i was browsing in tower records today...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

yep i bought the last album recently, remembering good reviews
    and a little recommendation from you folks a few months back
    and i do like it - definately high in the bedtime music collection.
    first song is brill, next 2 carry on from there and i tend to fall
    asleep after that....perfect

another interesting gig missed

• Advertisement

what was it called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

secret name is the one i have. it's the one released before things we lost in the fire, and in my opinion is pretty damned fine. i heard that songs for a dead pilot is supposed to be amazing, although i haven't actually heard it. don't get the christmas ep unless you want to be depressed (not because the ep is depressing necessarily, but because it's nearly june, and nobody should have to listen to christmas songs in june) ahem.

oh and drowner, you're so lucky to be nearly finishing your exams. i start mine on monday. sniff.

ah the joys of attending ucd and having my exams finished in mid may ;) (if u think im being smug, dont worry, i'll have the added fun im sure, of having to repeat a few exams in august to get my honous-hopefully i wont fail anything *fingers crossed*)

so secrets name? Yeah i cannot wait to get my hands on the new album. anyone know when its out, or should i go back to their website and stop benig lazy? is things we lost in the fire their last release? I saw the christmas epin tower and was tempted...they have a rack of low stuff up. Thinking of it now, its the albums must be on sale cos they're only about 15 euro. and my ever handy student discount will decrease that further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spaceracer7

great gig alright!

Advertisement