Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hot tip from ni

• 12-05-2002 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

rte /tv3 etc 2 b fta on ni cards from august
    This tip came from someone who does not bull****//
    All part of peace process

Comments

RTÉ , yeah, probably, tv3 would be doubtfull:(
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

How can Irish stations be FAT in NI when they don't pay our licence fee? This is the argument put forward for us being unable to access UK channels on our Sky subscription never mind FTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by seano

i'll believe it when i see it.
    didn't the Good Friday agreement only make mention of TG4 being available to all viewers on this island. if RTÉ went FTV in Northern Ireland it would be amazing seeing as how we are paying for it on Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

i am only quoting what was told to me//
    we will have to wait until august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Funny then that the Irish News reported last week that it'll probably take another year before RTE will be available to NI Sky viewers in any form. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

If true Seano, this would be an interesting development. The 08 Message is normally given to FTA programmes (as with ITV etc), as stated on BBC FTA Cards with RTE.

However the influx of BBC Cards to the South would increase dramatically, with the added benefits of RTE. Sky would not be encouraging this. They are trying to increase sales, hence setting up office in Dublin, by driving advertising revenue and sales.

Originally posted by IrishBazza
    However the influx of BBC Cards to the South would increase dramatically, with the added benefits of RTE. Sky would not be encouraging this. They are trying to increase sales, hence setting up office in Dublin, by driving advertising revenue and sales.

I would tend to agree with this,perhaps part of the delay is :( to work out a formula to end the tradein FTV cards.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

Well if you go and live in Newry, you could pick up both UK & Irish channels anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 seca2

well tomorrow is the start of the big one!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mebbe UTV and C4 will be available to ROI viewers too to coincide with subscription rise?! :rolleyes:

Hmm don't wanna hold my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Not calling you a fibber seano but this is so not likely.
    The reason being Sky call the shots with RTE on the Satellite.
    Also RTE is only available on subscription in the South.
    If RTE will be appearing in the North, it will also be as part of a subscription package.
    Don't hold your breath.

Bertie has told us to tighten our belts ,so we can not afford a unity with the north,maybe this is a deal between the NIO,SKY,and the Dublin that ROI subs go up by a few quid and then in affect the north get RTE free and the south gets UTV.We then have irish tv unity brought about by sky and paid for by the goodwilliness of ROI subs.Ahh peace at last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i am only quoting what was told to me//
    we will have to wait until august

well its august today
    has anyone seen the rte's on a nordy fta card?
    any sign of utv ch4 down here?

30 days have september ,april ,june and november............................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

seano, it is now the 6th of August, and RTE/TV3 are no nearer to being available. So- although this gives me no pleasure at all, and that's the truth- I have to say "You've been had, mate!"

Now Christy I am sure you know that there are31 days in August
    and i do hope that you will allow me a few days in September considering I started this thread on may 12
    Have faith my Northern friend,stranger things have happened in recent times

byte

Well, the Sky rep was with us yesterday, and from what I heard, UTV and C4 is hoped to be available before Xmas. I didn't hear the full story but he mentioned something about the possibility that some programming may be blocked for contractual reasons.:(

byte

Forgot to mention but he said that Interactive services will be starting in September

any mention of Sky+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

UTV and C4 is hoped to be available before Xmas

Its that word "Hoped" again.
    Get an FTV card and you won't have to hope no more.

• Advertisement
    byte

I got an FTV card last Thursday, thanks to another member here! (u know who u r ;) ) It's a London card and I was able to listen to 5LIVE in digital stereo (ah the bliss) just in time for the footie season! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

seano, it is now September 16. With every day that passes by, it becomes more and more likely that you have been lied to-not your fault mate, but there you go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

TV3 - is that the French channel everyone's been talking about?

TV3 is the television station that broadcasts from Dublin. TV5 is what you're thinking of

Well Christy it looks like it is going to happen at the same time as UTV goes south.If it all happens in mid October I will be only about 40 /50 days out.

Advertisement