Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Toner refil kit

• 20-06-2001 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hello,
    anyone reading this know if any company in Ireland refill laser toner packs, or if they even sell laser toner (The printer we are using is an epson aculaser C2000)
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

don't go there m8. aint worth it. they leak and cause more damage then they save you. would you buy recycled gas from soemone on the street? same thing.

hence that is why the same guy will sell you a "maintenance plan"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, just splash out 125 quid for a new one smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Multiply that £125 by 3 colours + the black tonner (£80) + the fuser oil (£50) + the photoconductor kit (£50) all used in 15 days (we do a lot of printing)
    not to mention the tranfer belt unit (£200)
    and the fuser oil unit (£400) which will last approx 50 days usage.

Now do ya see why I wouldn't mind finding out if there is a refill kit around smile.gif

Tom

hmmmmm....fair enough. I kinda was thinking your printer was based on a canon engine...like all HP's and would need an all-in-one toner,drum,etc... like standard laser printers by HP.

If you need all that junk then go to California (via the web) you will find countless companies selling printer goods wholesale...supposed to be for business' that repair and refill printers/toners.

google is your friend...try laser toner ..etc...

http://www.color-toner.net/toner_refill.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tmcd:
    Multiply that £125 by 3 colours + the black tonner (£80) + the fuser oil (£50) + the photoconductor kit (£50) all used in 15 days (we do a lot of printing)
    not to mention the tranfer belt unit (£200)
    and the fuser oil unit (£400) which will last approx 50 days usage.

Now do ya see why I wouldn't mind finding out if there is a refill kit around smile.gif

Tom
    </font>

if thats the printer i think it is, then you shouldnt use all the other stuff apart from the colours. i mean, is it not under warrenty or something? why would you be replacing transfer belt units and oiling up fusers. come to think of it, do fusers need oiling?
    hmm, learn something new everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep wwman some models of colour lasers need all these extras. The Belt is normally replaced after 50,000 copies. The real price of the colour laser is the amount you spent on consumables and not what you pay for the printer up front.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

We actually used up a tranfer belt unit last week, (but didn't get charged for it, it had only done half of its life span) The fuser oil kit is good for 100,000 copies. The machine is still under warranty but trust me I've worked out the figures for the ammount of printing we do if we can get cheaper tonner we wouldn't mind paying a tech guy £100 to come and fix the machine.and stuff the warranty. Thanks for the site yank I'll look at it first thing monday when works starts again (possible tuesday)

Tom

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tmcd:
    We actually used up a tranfer belt unit last week, (but didn't get charged for it, it had only done half of its life span) The fuser oil kit is good for 100,000 copies. The machine is still under warranty but trust me I've worked out the figures for the ammount of printing we do if we can get cheaper tonner we wouldn't mind paying a tech guy £100 to come and fix the machine.and stuff the warranty. Thanks for the site yank I'll look at it first thing monday when works starts again (possible tuesday)

Tom
    </font>

you can email me if you are stuck ... where are you located ? i used to fix some types of printers.

Advertisement