Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive

• 23-06-2001 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a 60GB+ ide hard drive. Wondering whats the best one to get, preferably available in Ireland. Not too fussed about raw speed, more concerned with reliability and capacity. I've over 50gbs of stuff on my home network spread over a few drives that i'd like to keep backed up in case of failure. Had some bad experiences with Quantum's recently so am not going with them (owned by maxtor now ..not inspiring).
    Recommendations?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Western Digital are pretty hot (literally).
    I have a 80GB disk and its loud, hot but its fast.
    you say speed is not important but any drive thats 60GB in size will be resonably fast even @ 5400RPM.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My main system sounds like an aircraft taking off when i power it on , i've that many fans inside, noise or heat shouldn't be an issue, i use a set of Seinnheiser headphones(don't ask how much they cost) for most audio stuff and a trained ear, which helps to block out system noise. Fast would be nice though, where did you get the WD chernobyl?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i would go 4 a ibm deskstar 70gxp 76.4gigs the fasest,most relible,1 of the quitest.76.4gigs is the biggest they do also try the 80gig maxor its 5400rpm but can be picked up 4 around £170 sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

bought it on the web.

Advertisement