Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from ioffl for spelling mistakes

• 12-05-2002 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Let me get this clear, it is now a moderators job to make sure that all information posted on his or her forum is correct to the best of there knowledge and they have the right to delete and post they feel is not 100% correct.

Does anybody else feel this sets a bad precedence.

I posted this on the ioffl forum

the cap is on the amounth of data tranfered, at least that what i was told by an eircom rep named john in the eirco madsl department. The documentation ive recieved seems deliberly ambiguous and therefore i must conclude that this can only serve one purpase and that caps are infact on post downstream and up stream"

Someone posted a link to adsl.ie where it stated caps where on downloads, i was pretty much fine with that, someone in eircom was wrong one way or another. I felt personaly the site was wrong as adsl.ie had, had misleading an incorrect information in the past.

Dustaz then proceaded to delete my comments which were not abusive in any fashion from the site and removed the readers right to make up there only mind. Stating something along the lines "the leaflet i recieved says monthly download allowance" Fair enough, seem to be a disagreement here. I wasnt going to get pushed over it, and i asked dustaz to scan in the leaflet he recieved while pointing out that i disagreed with him and i felt he had failed in his roll to keep the peace. This two was deleted.

I then recieved a pm stating in a very aggresive manner that every post where i mispelt his name, he would edit, and that he planed to ban me from the forum.

Hardly acceptable behaviour from a moderator.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sorry boston, but you are not going to twist the truth on this one.

Your posts were along the line of 'You are wrong, it is on ALL data transferred' when we have discussed this on many occasions on the forum. The cap is on downloads only as is stated on the website and the information pack recieved by all triallists.

I started to delete your posts because your prior form has been to start a huge row when you are wrong. True to form you have done. I sent you a PM warning you to stop. Instead you posted a tirade calling me a liar and when i deleted this (and split it off to another thread) you reposted the same message. When you feel you can not re-post exactly the same post over and over again once it has been deleted, you will be allowed access Ireland Offline forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'm not interested in arguing with you.

you deleted my posts because you didnt agree with what i had to say. For some reason im the only one you seem to have done this to, so i have to expect some alternative motive behind you quick actions.

If i wanted a row, how come i deleted that little piece of flame bait you posted in my name./

I also noticed that bustin ahs now edited his post a removed some offencive remarks which put his post in a nicer light, thereby discrediting me. Why not show the nice people what you really posted dustin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The IOFFL board is a community board and last I checked, moderators on community boards were entitled to ban the Pope if they felt like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dustaz (not "Dustin") making his post more polite really has little to do with your reputation, Boston. It's surely for the benefit of those reading it and not "discrediting" you.

With your attitude, I'm surprised you weren't banned some time ago. I'm sure you'll be allowed back - just calm down and be prepared to accept that you're not ALWAYS right and that your opinions are not the be-all and end-all of everything.
    Originally posted by Boston:

Annoying, moi?

Oh f**k yes! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

*slydice* taps 5 super boards resource cards (very rare, willing to sell for $40) gaining 7000 generic mana

*slydice casts* attentionwhore.jpg

*slydice casts* flamingmuppet.jpg

*slydice taps* troll.jpg
    and sends him over stompy stompy to Boston

So you think i was banned for past actions before dustin became a moderator.

And accept what exactly, a moderators right to delete anything randomly they dont agree with. Im sure theres plenty of things that dustin disagrees with on the forum but he doesnt go around deleting them. I myself have proved him wrong, yes wrong on occasion, did he then delete his post?

If i had deleted my own post after being provened wrong id be called a coward, which i wasnt because(and you being anal will repect this) any opinions on caps are just that opinions because no one has been charged caps yet and it is not a fact that they even will ,as if dustin read out the rest of what the leaflet said aka"eircom reserves the right",

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Boston, I think I speak for the vast majority of people here when I say, from the bottom of my heart:

Shut up.

well i can understand how you think you speak for more then one person, you weigh more then one person anyway... please dont sue me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Boston
    So you think i was banned for past actions before dustin became a moderator.

I never said that.
    And accept what exactly, a moderators right to delete anything randomly they dont agree with. Im sure theres plenty of things that dustin disagrees with on the forum but he doesnt go around deleting them. I myself have proved him wrong, yes wrong on occasion, did he then delete his post?

Ahem... the name is "DUSTAZ" not "DUSTIN".

And I'm saying that you should accept that your attitude problem has gotten you banned, you shouldn't insist that you're always right and get snotty when someone disagrees with you, and that you need to calm the hell down. You also need to accept that bitching and moaning about being banned on Admin is not going to get the ban lifted.

If you can't accept these things, I can't see the ban being lifted, tbh.
    (and you being anal will repect this)

... and you being insulting won't get respect from me
    any opinions on caps are just that opinions because no one has been charged caps yet and it is not a fact that they even will ,as if dustin read out the rest of what the leaflet said aka"eircom reserves the right",

if you believe that "eircom reserves the right to charge" doesn't more-than-likely mean that they WILL charge, then you're a bigger idiot than I'd first imagined.

Chill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The IOFFL board is a community board and last I checked, moderators on community boards were entitled to ban the Pope if they felt like it.

For that matter, Dustaz and Sceptre don't represent IrelandOffline either, since the board is now a /members/ board. They can take down their trousers and moon you[1] if they want to, it's totally their decision.

adam

[1] Dustin. Sceptre. No. Think of something else.

Originally posted by Bard
    Ahem... the name is "DUSTAZ" not "DUSTIN".
    dont worry im sure dustin will be around to edit my post, after all he did treaten to edit all my post.
    And I'm saying that you should accept that your attitude problem has gotten you banned, you shouldn't insist that you're always right and get snotty when someone disagrees with you,
    [/B]

I didnt get snotty with anyone, the thread was grand, i posted one thing, someone else posted another thing, i saw this other thing and decided no comment was needed as i was expressing an opinion.
    i come back to find my post deleted because it wasnt correct i then tried reposting it, and that to got deleted.
    and that you need to calm the hell down. You also need to accept that bitching and moaning about being banned on Admin is not going to get the ban lifted. [/B]

i know,

... and you being insulting won't get respect from me
    [/B]

please lets not get into a fight because some nasty things will be said.
    if you believe that "eircom reserves the right to charge" doesn't more-than-likely mean that they WILL charge, then you're a bigger idiot than I'd first imagined.

Chill. [/B]

Never said that, just being as anal as you are sometimes about caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I find Dustaz a fair moderator who has a particular problem with trolling (and abusive arguing).

Anyone find these bad qualities? Or are they qualities that are actually desirable in a boards.ie mod (they are, you know)

Decision made to ban heartily approved of. It may not be true, but Boston you do give the impression you could start an argument in an empty room.

boards.ie doesn't have a "fight-club" style forum for things to be taken to when muppetry seems like a desirable thing. Because of this, where abuse and muppetry explode, the only option is to delete or move to recycle.

Best I can do on a moon
    moon.jpg

the post wasnt abusive or a troll, maybe the followign where but the first wasnt. As shown by the fact he hasnt used that as part of his defence.

This isnt about dustin, it isnt even about weather i was right or wrong in my orginal comment. It is about me objective to the style in which dustin ahs decided to moderate my posts.
    It is for that exact reason this forum is here, not for personal differnces or bad attitudes but so people can air grievances towards a moderator in an non abusive and non treatening manner as i have here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Boston you are an attention seeking muppet. You and Typedef (who has left - thank fu(k) I hate you, you bore tghe sah!te out of me. You seem to think you are some pordical son and arew determined to have your voice heard on any subject you thionk you have the slightest notion about. I wish you would Fuck right off. Lately boards has become over crowded with whinging fu)kwits like you and your brethern. Not shut up and stop being a fucking BABY

Originally posted by stu_69
    Boston you are an attention seeking muppet. You and Typedef (who has left - thank fu(k) I hate you, you bore tghe sah!te out of me. You seem to think you are some pordical son and arew determined to have your voice heard on any subject you thionk you have the slightest notion about. I wish you would Fuck right off. Lately boards has become over crowded with whinging fu)kwits like you and your brethern. Not shut up and stop being a fucking BABY

your just jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Boston, I think I speak for the vast majority of people here when I say, from the bottom of my heart:
    Shut Up
    i think u need to read that again and again until it sinks in Boston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Everytime he calls him Dustin instead of Dustaz it gets funnier and funnier!!!!!111 DUSTIN!!!!11 rolffloasrelrlorlor`¬ MY SIDES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by Boston

your just jealous
    yes I am a green eyed monster.

• Advertisement

Ban TwoShedsJackson just doesnt have the same ring to it, does it? And im glad you finaly admitted it stu, i hope now you can go on and live the rest of yourlife, save in the knowleadge you are inferior to me in everyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

eh sure......what planet r u from?

The republic of dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

dont worry im sure dustin will be around to edit my post, after all he did treaten to edit all my post.

wwwwaaarrrrnnnnggghhhh wwwwwaaaaarrrnnnnggggh wwwwaaaarrrnnnngggghhh, mammy mammy, Dustin took my baribe doll.

Damn dude how old are you...

Originally posted by Shad0r

wwwwaaarrrrnnnnggghhhh wwwwwaaaaarrrnnnnggggh wwwwaaaarrrnnnngggghhh, mammy mammy, Dustin took my baribe doll.

actually my action man, and he still hasnt given it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Boston what exactly are you complaining about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    Boston what exactly are you complaining about?
    I dont think even he knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I think boston needs a crad all to himself.

/me calls on the powers of SMAK! The people need you SMAK!

i outlined my reasons already in the topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The fact that you keep calling him Dustin, rather than his proper nick speaks volumes me thinks.

When I read the posts, I at first though - ah jeez, give him (Boston) a break - but after seeing you in action here on this thread, now I'm frankly not surprised. :/

[Somebody play the "Mind your own business card" on me now]

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Shad0r

i'd actually love to know the answer to that - might explain a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

He fights alone, one man against the tyranny of the moderatorship that rejected him. His cause? If he can't be universally liked then he will become universally loathed. There is no such publicity as bad publicity in his mind. Sure isn't Darth Vadar really cool!?

Heard it all before Boston. You're not the Muppet King, you're just a plain old garden variety spam muppet and that's the saddest part of this whole thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement