Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new PIII (tualatin core)

• 21-06-2001 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Intels new Tualatin:
    512kb cache version
    lower power usage (27W compared to 33W for coppermine)

apparently its not smp configurable (not too sure) due to the fact that it would pretty much leave the P4 Xeons standing..

CPU-Q3A-N.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oops forgot the key to the diagram:

yellow is P3-1200 (Coppermine)
    green is Athlon Tbird 1200
    orange is the Tualatin 1200
    and brown the Tualatin ocd to 1478

(and its Quake 3 obviously)

taken from www.overclockers.com.tw btw smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 22-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Nice, one thing to remember is that this is one bench where the p4 does well, I think it would be able to beat the overclocked tualatin. Nevertheless, the tualatin would leave the p4 standing in most real world apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I was reading someplace(toms hardware I think) and they explained that this CPU will come in 2 flavours. One will be with 256k cache and will be for desktop systems and will NOT be SMPable. The other comes with 512k cache and is for the server/workstation market and WILL be SMPable. Expect to pay through the nose to get the latter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I gotta know one thing, will it fit into a i815 mobo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I was also reading that is uses 1.5v and current i815 motherboards can't supply that. A newer revision of the i815 is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

sh|t, the usual story so. frown.gif

Advertisement