Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belinea

• 23-06-2001 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Sounds like you got yourself a cheap ass monitor, if you're old monitor works fine with your new computer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Belinea are quite a good monitor. I have one myself.
    Have u got the latest belinea drivers?

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Actually, strange as it sounds, I remember a case when I was in Gateway of an incompatibility between the Matrox Mystique and one of the monitors, the 2 together would crash the system. Summat to do with the VESA information the monitor was trying to pass back to the card.

It's very unlikely that the monitor is crashing your system after a few mins of use though. Now since it's a new system on a nice shiney bigger monitor, are you running it at a higher res/colour depth on the 17"? That will also stress your vidcard and CPU more. If your MB has a temp sensor check it after each crash, see if there's a common temp. at which it hangs. If it doesn't try taking the side of your case off and moving it away from the wall (Basically improve ventilation), if it doesn't hang then you need some extra fans in there.....

on the off chance it is some wierd incpompatibility between the mon and vidcard, have you made sure you are using the correct INF file for the monitor? Or just load it as Super VGA or PLugNPLay monitor (again to test if the rates are the problem).

As for it going black, thats definitely the refresh rate. The lower resolution you use the higher your video card drivers will set the refresh rate (as they assume youre monitor will handle it at low res). Find a res. that works, then set the refresh to optimal or default (cant remember which one), this will drop you to ~60Hz for all res switches. Switch to the new res, then set the refresh for it manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Yeah it was the refreshrate, i had to set it to 85 for it too work.
    Cheers for help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Belinea are quite a good monitor. I have one myself.
    Have u got the latest belinea drivers?</font>
    A friend of mine had one of them. He had to get it replaced twice, but it works away fine now afaik. It didnt cause the problems described though.

I got a new pc the other day and eventually got half life to install properly. But as it loaded it crashed after about 2 minutes and the computer had to be restarted via the reset button. Then i decided i'd download new drivers for the components in the pc and i did but none improved the situation. Then i decided i'd test with bits from my old pc.

First thing i tryed was the monitor and half life worked fine. So it has to be the monitor
    doesn't it ? If so does anyone know if i can fix it? Or has anyone had any experience with belinea monitors before?

The old monitor was a packard bell 15"
    The new monitor is a Belinea 17"
    other pc stats are
    amd 1000 mhz cpu
    128 mb of ram
    geforce2mx

[This message has been edited by Molly (edited 23-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the monitor is an inert system component as in, all the video card does is send data to it, it doesn't send any back.

Did you have to change res with the older monitor to play on it?

sounds like a refresh rate problem, in which case you should turn vsync off, on the computer go to the resolution and colours you use for Half life (1024 * 768 and 16 bit colour for example) and change the refresh rate there to the one you want to use, and half life should use the same one (this doesn't work in win2k btw) use opengl as the driver.

Another thing you could try is switch over monitors in the middle of half life (plug out one and plug in other) and see if it still crashes then with the new monitor

System is win2k. And if i change the resolution on the 17" monitor to 640 x 480 it just goes black. And i can't even get to the hl menu screen either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

sometimes i get really pi$$ed off with ppl's lack of interest in the monitor they get for their system.
    Monitor is second most important to me when building a system.
    (first being the type of chair i park my ass in).
    (ps)Belinas are good value for money ( about 250 should get you a 19inch) but for a lame 100-150 more you would get a nice Trinitron.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

Advertisement