Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Label

Options
  • 12-05-2002 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

just thought I'd let anyone who wasnt there know that Label in Whelans last Thursday was the most stunning small gig that I've ever been to. Just when you thought Wallmark couldnt be followed, Label came on and just fúckin' raaaaaaaaaaawked!!! world class stuff. As a friend put it to me, Label sound like the missing link between Pearl Jam's Ten and Vs., I gotta agree!

anyone else at the gig?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

i saw them last night in De Barras. oh my ****! what a great venue and what an AMAZING gig. They're ace. Did ya get the CD? well worth the E5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

I dunno...the singer is like a cross between Eddie Vedder and Gavin Rossdale.
    its a bit ridiculous how much he sings like them.
    and he isnt even as good as either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Yeah i saw them as well in whelans by accident (going into phantasim 2 early) and they were deadly.

So of the songs at the end wained on a little bit but the build up songs were great.

When are they playing next,

Also everyone near the bar kept chatting away which was annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

It boils down to one thing......if the singer did'nt sound so much like Eddie Vedder I'd take them seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

heard one of the songs on tom dunne tonite.
    the eddie thing is big in america.
    they could make themselves a wad of cash across the pond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

This is all a bit cynical. I couldn't care less who the singer sounds like. The band rawk. They've written some bloody amazing songs, and they're dead sound lads into the bargain!! In short, LABEL RAWWWWKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I think the song the have actually released as their single is not a fair representation of what i saw last thurs, in fact i think it's one of their worst ones, they probably think the have to release a rocky number to get attention.

True the could make a bucket over the otherside of the pond though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

i'd have to agree with ste k on this one, tailspin is a great song but not their best, table 8 is way better and so is the b-side to the single.......fair enough he does sound like eddie vedder, but i doubt he's putting that **** on, it'd be too hard to fake it every night....it's his own voice, it aint his fault he sounds like eddie vedder and if vedder wasnt so famous everyone would think(like i do) that label are better then sex.....bad sex....well mastu......;)

peace&love
    mr crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

better than sex aye?
    He wouldnt have to put it on...if he tried to sing like him for awhile..it would just rub off on his voice.
    theres a bit too much bush in there too.
    and what the f u c k is with people saying "rawk"??
    Is it some kind of 'haw haw goys' thing or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

I think Terry is one of those singers who's never comfortable with his own voice. The symptoms are painfully obvious. In listening to other singers who inspire him he has subliminally picked up similarities in the timbre and meter at which they sing. This gives his little identity crisis a pillow. So he's probably oblivious to it.

Personally if I was to be at the next recording session they do, I'd force him to break his impediment down and learn to use his own voice. Which I'm sure is every bit as good as what he uses now but unique to himself.

Making Terry sing less like his Grunge alter ego's would be an acheivment somewhat similar to forcing a frenchman speaking in english to lose his french accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 joe10speed

it really is his real voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

saw them again today in tower... I cant quite explain just how impressed i was, i honestly havent been as exited about a band since the first time i listened to Appetite, Ten or Dance the Devil... they're my favourite band at the moment (along with McClusky who rock!)... everything about Label is irie.

www.dobbler.com/label

www.themurderofcrows.dk3.com

peace&punkrock,

Seán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah...saw them at the instore and i was well impressed...do they have any material out other than tailspin, which i been listening to all day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frank05330

they had an e.p. out before tailspin... i think you can get it in road records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

cheers frank...i'll check that out...

Advertisement