Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HD, probs with being recognised in windows

• 24-06-2001 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

ok, recently got meself a fujitsu 40 gig hd and have no luck in getting windows to recognise it.
    ive all other ide devices disconnected and the main hd is on primary master and the new one is on secondary master.
    it is detected when the bios check on ide devices is done, but when i get to windows (98 se), it is not detected.
    all of the ide cables and connecters are working perfectly as i had a dvd and cd writer on them only half an hour ago.
    when i attempt to boot with the new hd as primary master, system looks for a boot disk annd goes no farther
    a bios setting perhaps? or what does windows want to know from me about me new hd.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Have you partitioned the drive ?

Go into dos and type FDISK

When it askes about large drive support, say YES.

Select menu option 5..

select your secondary harddrive

Select 1 (Create primary partition)

Do all that,

Go into windows and format it. You shud be laffing

RentZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

that worked a treat Rent,shes up and running now smile.gif - ta very much man.
    i didnt know that it would have to be partitioned or formatted, was thinking plug n play like.
    anyway, thanks again

Advertisement