Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem!!

Options
  • 12-05-2002 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

i've been looking for this one piece of music for ages, and i haven't been able to find it anywhere, i've tried audiogalaxy and google, but, as with most classical music it has the same title as an awful lot of other stuff, only i don't know the composer, so that complicates it further, i just know the title and what it sounds like.

this is where you come in....does anyone know of any kind of database where you can type in the name and some other details, such as choral/orchestral/opera, etc, and they narrow down your search that way or something like that? or even if they gave you shots of the sheet music or summat like that? it's a long shot, but you never know!

any help would be VERY gratefully received, as this has been driving me mad for ages!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Possibly download Kazaa but I doubt if it will give you the intricacy you need. To be honest...umm... no really... hum it into a microphone and give us a listen... no really hear me out. Oh, ok lets hear you out!

Either that or download a midi creating software package for example Pro tools from downloads .com and compose a piece of the music roughly and let us hear it.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

cdnow.com allows you to perform a classical search, which lets you fill in other parameters than just the composer and title I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

hmm... mebbe a tad bit complicated!!

i could always go to some place with lots of classical heads and ask them!

just in case you know, it's a choral piece for a female choir called "Cantate Domino"

it's very contemporary sounding, it starts off in 4 parts (soprano 1&2, Alto 1&2) and eventually goes into about 8 different parts, and it has two solo parts for a few phrases. the dynamics are pretty mad aswell it goes from pp to ff in the first 2 bars!

if anyone knows what i'm talking about, and especially if you know the composer, it would really save my sanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

ok, cool, thanks machiavelli!i'll try that!

hmm....that was a little too helpful for someone called machiavelli! there must be a catch!

Advertisement