Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom response to ADSL pricing complaint

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

who are the Morans?
    and what do they want with Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

All ur moran's r belong 2 us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

In an article entitled 'Speeding merrily downstream' published in the Irish Independent last Thursday, 2nd May, one of our triallists wrote, 'I couldn't go back, that's for sure. After nine months with ADSL, the idea of reverting to slow dial-up internet is practically terrifying......The eircom ADSL trial has been going on since last July......experiencing what the next generation of internet access is going to be like....' He goes on to describe the service as '....a privileged preview of a new style of connected life for homes and smaller businesses.'

Its a pity these "next generations" appear to take generations longer to arrive in Ireland than in other countries. Its hardly a
    "privileged view of a new style of connected life " either! Its long overdue, and highly overpriced.

Ouch, my head is spinning with the article. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Whatever Eircon say to try to defend its prices, we know and the dogs in the street know its indefensible.
    In relation to the pricing of ADSL services elsewhere, prices vary from country to country depending on maturity of market, infrastructure and population density

Haha, maturity of market, at least 3 years behind everyone else.
    Infrastructure in other countries is alot better and the population density argument dont hold.
    Finland, norway, sweden, denmark to name a few for heavens sake is more remote than us with similar populations and somehow they can have normal price dsl offerings with high takeup rates of broadband, given that there might even be a language barrier to the internet !!
    BTW has anyone got at least €375 +€107 to spare for this i-dream service??...LOL
    On your point regarding product specifications, I am familiar with the product offerings of other operators around Europe and have double checked the link you forwarded. I am therefore unclear why you feel the specifications of eircom's products are '...very bad...' in comparison to products you describe as similar and offered elsewhere.
    No offence to the marketing bod, but did she even bother to read the link or is it just plain stupidity or ignorance on her and/or her companys part ?!!
    Objective feedback from triallists who have been using the range of eircom i-stream products during two phases of operational trialling has been extremely positive. In an article entitled 'Speeding merrily downstream' published in the Irish Independent last Thursday, 2nd May, one of our triallists wrote, 'I couldn't go back, that's for sure. After nine months with ADSL, the idea of reverting to slow dial-up internet is practically terrifying......The eircom ADSL trial has been going on since last July......experiencing what the next generation of internet access is going to be like....' He goes on to describe the service as '....a privileged preview of a new style of connected life for homes and smaller businesses.'

Haha, those poor trialists.
    Feedback would be positive when the trial is free !!
    Eircon got them hooked on the drug now that they cannot get off.
    Their wallets will be empty by the time they need their next fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

* Equipment: Customers are offered both USB and Ethernet modem options for i- stream solo, a four port modem for i-stream multi and a static IP if required to support a router installation for i-stream enhanced. All customer equipment has been through extensive laboratory and field testing.

Slightly OT but are Eircom providing a static ip for free with i-stream enchanced??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My turn.

At launch, eircom is focusing on delivering products to the business market - product prices reflect this focus.

"We want to royally screw the business market before we royally screw the consumer market."

In relation to the pricing of ADSL services elsewhere, prices vary from country to country depending on maturity of market, infrastructure and population density."

"We've kept the market in a brown paper bag for five years, our infrastructure is comprised of damp string, and we don't want to sell to farmers."

I am therefore unclear why you feel the specifications of eircom's products are '...very bad...' in comparison to products you describe as similar and offered elsewhere.

"The comparison is crystal clear to me, but I'm going to misdirect you now on the off chance that you're as dumb as a politician and won't notice."

In an article entitled 'Speeding merrily downstream' published in the Irish Independent last Thursday, 2nd May, one of our triallists wrote...

"Course, the triallist got it for free, but that's neither here nor there."

adam

Advertisement