Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian TV??

• 13-05-2002 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

A guy who works with me is Russian and is exploring any possibilities of getting Russian TV.
    I thought i seen on a website that they were on the same Astra satellite but that was ages ago.
    And i think if he gets the free box and dish of sky buys the cheapest package he can use Other Channels to find Russian stations or use a russian card to get their digital package???
    Is this right or completly insane?
    I have no idea.
    Any help appreciated.
    thx
    Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Unfortunately, there are no Russian channels receivable through a standard Sky Digital installation. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by kdja
    A guy who works with me is Russian and is exploring any possibilities of getting Russian TV.
    I thought i seen on a website that they were on the same Astra satellite but that was ages ago.
    And i think if he gets the free box and dish of sky buys the cheapest package he can use Other Channels to find Russian stations or use a russian card to get their digital package???
    Is this right or completly insane?
    I have no idea.
    Any help appreciated.
    thx
    Kdja

NTV is available on hot bird , viacess receiver required, other channel like ort etc available on Thor, smartcard also required. I get calls every week about digibox's picking up other services, who starts these rumours :D

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Tony,

A friend of mine may also be interested in getting the russian channels. How do you go about subscribing to these channels and have you any idea how much they cost.

Thanks
    Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I checked about this on web last night.
    And if you buy a rotating dish at least 60cm you can get the "footprint" of all Sat`s with russian content.
    My buddy has emailed NTV to see how he can access it with or without a Sub.
    Also mailed a few others.
    Can he buy a rotating setup in Ireland ?
    Found one on tectronics website for £499 looked ok but was the only one they had.
    Kdja

I checked about this on web last night.
    And if you buy a rotating dish at least 60cm you can get the "footprint" of all Sat`s with russian content.
    My buddy has emailed NTV to see how he can access it with or without a Sub.
    Also mailed a few others.
    Can he buy a rotating setup in Ireland ?
    Found one on tectronics website for £499 looked ok but was the only one they had.
    Kdja

Any systems I've installed usually use the echostar motorised to get both satellites although you could use the digenius for ntv with a viacess cam. NTV cards are freely available from thier office in Gibraltar. A 60cm will not receive the russian on thor/sirius at least a 1m is required

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hehehe Tony
    Expect a new customer soon :)
    BTW it was What Sayellite web page i got the 60cm info but i might have misunderstyood it .
    thx for the help
    Kdja

hehehe Tony
    Expect a new customer soon :)
    BTW it was What Sayellite web page i got the 60cm info but i might have misunderstyood it .
    thx for the help
    Kdja

no problem

Advertisement